16 channel EEG device

pwairjae

Joined Sep 2, 2009
Dear all,
I'm in a process of building a low cost 16 channel eeg device using a EEG headcap. If anyone got any resources or online links regarding this please be kind enough to share it with me.
Anyway I already chacked openeeg, sourceforge sites but couldn't find a 16 channel EEG signal capturing device
Thanks!!!
:)

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
16-channel EEGs are just 16 separate single-channel EEG amplifiers. It's after that where things get interesting. What are you intending to do with the 16 signals at the output end?

Ken

pwairjae

Joined Sep 2, 2009
I'm interested in using it to develop a BCI. May be to simulate motor functions or to develop a game.
Nyway can you direct me to any resources available in developing the 16 channel eeg device?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
We need details about the system you are going to use with the EEG signals. For instance, what is the A to D converter's specifications? How fast can it convert, and how many bits resolution do you require?

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
When someone says a "cheap" 16 channel EEG, I think they need to look around at what one channel of EEG entails. Then get an idea of what they want to control in each of the channels...isolation method, gains, band pass filters, line-frequency notch filters, common-mode driver...

Google: EEG circuit schematic
or
Google: 16 channel EEG circuit
or
Google: BCI EEG circuit schematic

Then, for beenthere's request, you will have more details.

Ken