Using XBOX controller as RC Car transmitter - basic circuit help

FunnyDuckFace

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I'll be upfront it's a bit of a hack but I am splicing the xbox controller outputs into the transmitter the issue I am having is that the voltage output is out so I figured I would use some resistors and a diode to solve this problem.

I need a minimum voltage of 1.78 this is neutral anything less and the brake is activated
I need a maximum of 2.69v this is full throttle

I think I have come up with a circuit to do the job but I have no idea what to ask/look for when purchasing the parts, ie what resistors a small circuit board and a diode.. also could I swap the two resistors for two potentiometers to allow for a bit of trim? again what would I ask for over the counter?

The potentiometer on the diagram is the xbox trigger.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

FunnyDuckFace

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I've edited my post hopefully this will help

To summarise as per moderators request:

1.Is there a better way to achieve the circuit pictured below?

2.How do I find a resistor with a value of 109ohms and a resistor 8.8Momhs for a voltage of 3.29v from an electronic outlet?

3.What would I ask for if I wanted a potentiometer that covered the two values above?

4.What sort of diode do I need?

I used an online program called https://www.falstad.com/circuit/ to calculate the values. Here is a link to my particular circuit

https://www.falstad.com/circuit/cir...oltage 38+12+0+1000000+10000000+Min\sVolt\s2

The resistance in the pot is an unknown to me as this is the trigger within the xbox controller that I plan to use but it seems to go from 0 to 100% of the input feed.

The switch was just in the original - I've removed it as it is not necessary

Apologies for my lack of electronics understanding.

I am adjoining the xbox controller outputs to a radio controlled car transmitter.

I need a minimum voltage of 1.78v DC this is neutral anything less and the brake is activated on the RC car I need a maximum of 2.69v DC this is full throttle

I think I have come up a circuit to do the job but being non technical I need help creating my bill of materials

The potentiometer on the diagram is the xbox trigger.

Many thanks in advance.