Find Altitude with the help of wireless pressure sensor

karzo94

Joined Apr 3, 2018
I am using wireless Pressure Sensor to find the altitude through Pressure and temperature combination in millibar and degree Celsius, which easily found out using Sensor Manual but I need some suggestion which helps me to find out the altitude also.

Anything kind help on this will be very useful

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I am using wireless Pressure Sensor to find the altitude through Pressure and temperature combination in millibar and degree Celsius, which easily found out using Sensor Manual but I need some suggestion which helps me to find out the altitude also.

Anything kind help on this will be very useful
I can offer this: the METAR reports offered by airports and readily available on the Internet includes "altimeter" which is the barometric pressure at the airport for altimeter calibration. It can be automatically derived from the METAR report which is in code and quite compact.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I wonder how much the barometric weather pressure affects the accuracy of altitude.
Barometer change from 29 inHg to 31 inHg would correspond to ± 0.5 PSI, which translates to ± 3.4 kpa. Eyeballing from the chart in post #3, it looks like at sea level this would correspond to an elevation change of roughly ± 350 feet.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Then a radar altimeter is more accurate that a barometric pressure altimeter in an airplane. Can radar measure a water surface distance?

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Then a radar altimeter is more accurate that a barometric pressure altimeter in an airplane. Can radar measure a water surface distance?
I should think it could, provided the wavelength is right. If I'm not mistaken, we have radar satellites that monitor sea level and wave heights in the ocean.

I think.

karzo94

Joined Apr 3, 2018
Hi, I have used mentioned below formulae after getting the pressure sensor and temperature sensor data to test the altitude but I am not sure whether this is correct to formulae to make it work with these sensors or not?

44330*(1-(P/P0)^(1/5.255))

float height = 44330 * (1 - pow((pressure / 1013.25), 0.1903));
float h = height * 0.3048;