Electronic symbols, Electronic circuit symbols

Joined Nov 30, 2010
That's a transformer with one winding center-tapped. Most of the time, it's a power transformer used to make low voltage DC.

PaulEngineer

Joined Dec 21, 2016
:confused::confused::confused: How the transformer can convert something to DC? It only export AC!! One winding center taped, low DC.... I'm confused so much that I cannot recognize anything!! I thought that a transformer have 2 pins primary coil and 2 pins for secondary coil! From when the transformer have 2 or 4 or 5 or 6 or.......... Unlimited pins! I cannot understand this transformers! Can you explain better if you can, about this transformer? Thanks!!

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
I want to make an inverter circuit based on this schematic

And I have not idea why this transformer? Why not this with 4 pins? Actually can I make it with transformer with 4 pins?
You will either need a center tapped transformer (5 pins) or TWO four-pin transformers.

PaulEngineer

Joined Dec 21, 2016
I have a massive transformer that have 4 pins in one side and 4 pins in other side! The circuit board is RJBX0226AB. With this transformer I will success anything?

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
I'm sorry, but someone with zero knowledge of power electronics should NOT be contemplating playing with anything like this. Lethal voltages can exist in the circuitry and you have a greater than normal chance of killing yourself.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
:confused::confused::confused: How the transformer can convert something to DC? It only export AC!!
How the airplane take me home? It only go to airport!!
A transformer creates lower voltage AC and diodes convert that to DC, just as an airplane takes me to my city and a car takes me home. The transformer and the airplane only go part way. Another thing finishes the job.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Good advice. That circuit is a lot like the "Blinky" oscillator used for kits to flash LEDs. I suggest doing exactly that, making an LED blinker based on your schematic, before using it to drive a transformer and make a higher voltage.
Inverter.png

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
I have a massive transformer that have 4 pins in one side and 4 pins in other side! The circuit board is RJBX0226AB. With this transformer I will success anything?
The attached drawing shows various configurations you might find for a transformer. One primary, many different secondaries.
Re: DC
True raw DC doesn't go through transformers but the transformer is still used. As the hand drafted drawing shows the DC has to be converted to AC, goes through the transformer, then is converted back to DC.

Attachments

PaulEngineer

Joined Dec 21, 2016
Before building a circuit such as a inverter, why not study up on the individual components first and have an understanding of them individually before jumping in the deep end!?;)
Max.
Don't worry I have made an education and some experiments and I know how they all work! The circuit with 2 NPN transistors BJT, is working as oscillator! The 2 MOSFETS IRF630 is used as a switches with efficiently high frequencies made by the oscillator, that produce 49-55Hz (if I said something wrong, that means I need a bit more education)! I have now to find a right transformer for this circuit. I was thinking if I can make one myself, but I don't know what about this center taped pin or as it calling!
How to make this center tapped coil? how it works? How many turns it have (not accurate number please, but range number could help)? How its made? Any advice (tip) is welcome! I need a transformer which will generate 12V/7A maximum, to 110V-230VAC! What transformer I need? A power one? How to understand how many coils I need to create (if I will make one myself) for primary and secondary coils so as to success this ratio 12V/7A-110VAC or 230VAC?

The attached drawing shows various configurations you might find for a transformer. One primary, many different secondaries.
Re: DC
True raw DC doesn't go through transformers but the transformer is still used. As the hand drafted drawing shows the DC has to be converted to AC, goes through the transformer, then is converted back to DC.
Yes I need a rectification provision to do that

Good advice. That circuit is a lot like the "Blinky" oscillator used for kits to flash LEDs. I suggest doing exactly that, making an LED blinker based on your schematic, before using it to drive a transformer and make a higher voltage.
View attachment 119062
I already made that oscillator, and continuously change capacitor values to see what will happen! I understood that: as lower is the capacitance value of a capacitor so high is the frequency of the output. As higher is a capacitance value of a capacitor so lower is a frequencies in output, but if you will put 2 capacitors which one of them have lower capacitance value and the other one have high value then I will make an almost square wave frequencies that will be at the same time lower and higher! E.g. I will show you a waveform of the outputs with Morse code help.

Lower capacitance value: 47uf-1uf and lower
Morse code waveform:
47uf: ". . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."
10uf: ". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."
1uf: "........................................"
<1uf: "much faster"

Higher values
100uf, 220uf, 330uf, 470uf, 6800uf +++:
Morse code waveforms:
100uf: "_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _"
220uf: "_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _"
330uf: "_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _"
470uf "_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _"
1000uf "_ _ _ _ _ _"
2000uf: "_ _ _ _ _ _"
6800uf: "_ _ _ _ _"
>6800uf: "much longer"

Wave form between higher and lower capacitance value:
Morse code waveform
Eg 330uf and 10uf: "-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-."

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
How to make this center tapped coil? how it works? How many turns it have (not accurate number please, but range number could help)?
A CT secondary winding is generally wound Bi-filar, these means that two secondary conductors are wound together in order that both sides of the C/T. are as equal as possible.
The turns are based on the required voltage and the turns per volt of the particular transformer and can vary from ~2 to 5 turns/v.
Max.

PaulEngineer

Joined Dec 21, 2016
A CT secondary winding is generally wound Bi-filar, these means that two secondary conductors are wound together in order that both sides of the C/T. are as equal as possible.
The turns are based on the required voltage and the turns per volt of the particular transformer and can vary from ~2 to 5 turns/v.
Max.
That means that I turn 1 only insulating cable in primary winding 100 or more turns, and 2 cables in secondary winding which one of them is the secondary winding and the other one, (that I think so that one end of it should be connected with one end of the secondary winding) is the CT? I right understood?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I am referring to the CT secondary only, this is commonly wound on top of the primary winding, in bifilar and for the CT the end of one winding is connected to the start of the other, the other 2 ends are the outer connections WRT the CT.
Max.

PaulEngineer

Joined Dec 21, 2016
I am referring to the CT secondary only, this is commonly wound on top of the primary winding, in bifilar and for the CT the end of one winding is connected to the start of the other, the other 2 ends are the outer connections WRT the CT.
Max.
Aaa OK I will try to translate it to the Greek language so as to understand much better! So thank you very much Max ;)

Can I ask something? What is the number "42" in the transformers calculation? It is the common number for all the kind of transformers? Or it is not?

I'm sorry, but someone with zero knowledge of power electronics should NOT be contemplating playing with anything like this. Lethal voltages can exist in the circuitry and you have a greater than normal chance of killing yourself.
I'm don't worry about that I have special gloves for that!

Can I ask one more question? The center tapped winding can be exist in primary coil too? Or it is only for secondary?

Last edited by a moderator: