13 pin 4 digit(7-segment)

u5Al3

Joined Dec 24, 2010
hi all:::

i m finding problem about pin configuration of 4 digit 7-segment
display(specially for digital clock), package have 13 pins and
it is C5660A...........

if any one have its configuration detail plz....

do tell me.......

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Many digital clocks require multiplexed displays. I have one I am designing in the Feedback forum for the AAC eBook that doesn't, but when you are dealing with a clock on a chip the multiplex scheme is almost required due to the number of pins required.

Just curious, do you understand multiplexing as it is applied to digital displays?

u5Al3

Joined Dec 24, 2010
thnx for ur reply....
i know multiplexing .....
i use this idea in coding......using keil i made a digital clock program which gives
desired result at proteous....

all i need now is pin configuration of c5660a .....

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Hi u5Al3,

I can't find a datasheet for the part number you give, who is the manufacturer?

You can manually determine the pinout by applying the correctly rated voltage and current to the leads to see which segments light up.

You should be okay if you apply the voltage backwards, as long as the voltage isn't too high. Most LEDs can handle their rated voltage in reverse (meaning they won't work, but you won't destroy them either).

If you want to be extra safe and have a meter with a diode check, use it instead. You will see an open if there is no contact between the two pins under test OR if polarity is wrong, so be sure to check each set of pins twice, reversing the polarity. The meter will show you a voltage when you find two pins with the correct polarity going to a segment and the segment may even light up dimly.

This is NOT a pinout of your display, but it might help you better understand how yours is wired internally:

http://www.lumex.com/specs/LDQ-M516RI.pdf

Good luck!