12v power on/ off with trigger

hector01

Joined Apr 22, 2013
Hi, I've come up against a brick wall in my project and im sure there's such a simple solution...

Im having a problem finding a way to turn on/ off a 12v power supply when triggered by a short. I need a set of lights to turn on when triggered by a short by switching on the 12v power supply to them? This is so that the battery they are running off doesn't run flat when not triggered.

Many Thanks

hector01

Joined Apr 22, 2013
Thank you for getting back... I havent currently got a circuit, was hoping there was a simple one to purchase for this application. I looked at using a light thyristor... because the trigger to turn the batt on and off can be a short (from the PIR) or a small IR light that already comes on when triggered. To be specific the trigger is a PIR from a bushnell trail cam, but when this is triggered the camera already has an IR light that I thought could be used as a photo sensor to start the batt when its on and cut off the batt again when it shuts off. Sorry if this is unclear. When the trail cam is triggered im trying to get the battery to turn on and therefore turn on bigger more powerful lights.