12V DC / 0.12A to 150V AC / 2A HELP

mubarakk

Joined Dec 21, 2010
Hi,
Please i need help on this project on power circuit. I tried to use an electric motor of 6v dc run by a windmill to output 150v Ac after inverting and amplifying. i got stuck anyway. Now i have a small motor running at full speed and outputing 12v dc @ 0.12A.
My problem is how can i amplify this 12v dc @ 0.12A to 150v Ac @ 2A?
please, help me with specification of transistors and transformers to use. schematic diagrams would also be appreciated.
I also read that current can be amplified with darlington pairs of transistors. So if my 12v dc @ 0.12A is too low, i believe the current can be amplified even above 10A. If this is done, the excess current would be lost in the transformer which will step up the 12v to 150v.
Thats just my gues. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Hi,
Please i need help on this project on power circuit. I tried to use an electric motor of 6v dc run by a windmill to output 150v Ac after inverting and amplifying. i got stuck anyway. Now i have a small motor running at full speed and outputing 12v dc @ 0.12A.
My problem is how can i amplify this 12v dc @ 0.12A to 150v Ac @ 2A?
please, help me with specification of transistors and transformers to use. schematic diagrams would also be appreciated.
I also read that current can be amplified with darlington pairs of transistors. So if my 12v dc @ 0.12A is too low, i believe the current can be amplified even above 10A. If this is done, the excess current would be lost in the transformer which will step up the 12v to 150v.
Thats just my gues. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
I am sorry to say that your project is a dead end. What you try to do can not be done. It violate the laws of physics. You can not take an amount of energy, and use that to create a larger amount of energy. The product Volt*Ampere is equal to the unit Watt that is energy per second. If we consider an ideal system with no loss at all your generator will be able to output 1.44 Watt. Say you manage to convert the 12 volt to 150 volt. You will only get a current equal to 0.0096 ampere from an ideal converter. In a real system the current would be less. The best and only correct thing for you would be to drop your project before you wast any more time and money on it. I am saying this to you as a friend.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You cannot increase current without DECREASING voltage.

You cannot increase voltage without DECREASING current.

I wish it were possible friend, but it is not.

The devices you wish to use to amplify current, USE current from another source to amplify the signal.

This point gets lost in when people talk about amplification. It doesn't just "MAKE" more. It TAKES more from somewhere else.