12v Battery to 6V Power

extrememc

Joined Jun 18, 2009
I am need help with getting power from a A23 12v battery down to 6v or 4 AAA equivalent. To power this device http://tinyurl.com/m7nbpz . I am currently power it with 4 AAA's but I would like to reduce the power source to run on the A23 or something of that size. Can anyone give me some ideas? I would like to keep it simple if possible. Some inline from the power source.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Your tinyurl link points to a wireless USB dongle set; those would be powered by the USB port itself.

Run-time on the A23 compared to four AAA's would be very short, and A23's are very expensive.

extrememc

Joined Jun 18, 2009
Your tinyurl link points to a wireless USB dongle set; those would be powered by the USB port itself.

Run-time on the A23 compared to four AAA's would be very short, and A23's are very expensive.
The pc adapter is power by the pc and the base or transmitter is power by ac which I converterd to dc power using 4 AAA's. If the A23 is a short lived power source then what is another option?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
All the previous is true, you could also use NiMH "AA" or "AAA", which have longer life than alkalines, but shorter than Lithium. Both Lithium and NiMH are 1.2 and 1.25V, so you should be able to tie 4 in series and get the desired 5V.

A good read, The Battery University.