12 v DC Load tester

ahitechs

Joined Sep 30, 2010
we want to test the load of 12 v DC supply , up to what maximum current limit it can deliver to load , any good load tester can you suggest ?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
There is a piece of test equipment called an Electronic Load, basically it is a programmable constant current source with lots of fans.

You could always get lots of resistors, around 10-15W resistors X20 should do it.

Or you could make a quick and dirty electronic load with a bank of transitors on a heat sink.

ahitechs

Joined Sep 30, 2010
Thanks Bill
Will you please help me to design that circuit, I need some more detail .
Hope for your support.

There is a piece of test equipment called an Electronic Load, basically it is a programmable constant current source with lots of fans.

You could always get lots of resistors, around 10-15W resistors X20 should do it.

Or you could make a quick and dirty electronic load with a bank of transitors on a heat sink.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
we want to test the load of 12 v DC supply , up to what maximum current limit it can deliver to load , any good load tester can you suggest ?
This weekend Harbor Freight has a 12V battery load tester on sale for something like $12.99. I haven't looked at it but if it's like most normal battery testers it will have a simple ammeter movement included, although the scale may only be good/?/bad but easy enough to interpret.

Yup, here it is and it won't be much higher than $12.99 if you can't make it over there by tomorrow.
http://www.harborfreight.com/100-am...=finalday&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3910B

You want item #90636