12/24v switchable jump starter query

navygm

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Hello to all...
I'm new to this forum and I have a small project which I require some ideas from maybe more expert people than me. Below is what I have and what I am requesting

I need to assamble a 12/24v dc switchable jump starter from 2 gel batteries of 12v 44aH. these will be enclosed together in 1 box and I need to make the connections on the plastic box outside.
Anyone can help how I can wire this setup so when I need either 12v or 24v I won't need to disconnect and reconnect wire in series and parrallel all the time. I was thinking with a sort of switch? or is not sufficient?
Best thing is that I will only have 1 outlet connection for both voltages, but if deem impossible I will install two for both voltages.

after that setup I need to install a connection to be able to connect the battery charger and charge both batteries.

Help would be appreciated!

philba

Joined Aug 17, 2017
Using switches or relays is straightforward but what kind of current are you expecting to see with this? When you say "jump start", I think automobiles and that's going to pull a huge amount of current. There are few switches that are rated for the kind of currents a starter pulls (400-1000A).

navygm

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I need this circuit to take up to 350A during start.
What I'm actually asking is, someone to guide me how can I plan a wiring diagram for this setup.