110v schematics/transformer help needed?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by rob1979, Jan 2, 2010.

  1. rob1979

    Thread Starter New Member

    Dec 12, 2009
    hi,can anyone help me at all? i have a a guitar pedal that works on 110v and i want to change the transformer inside so it will run on 240v uk mains.i know how to do this part as i have done it to one previously although the other one was a different model.the schematics stated for the other one that it had a 28v output into the circuit board,however the schematics for this pedal does not show what voltage is coming from the transformer so if i can find this out i will know what replacement transformer to buy,any help would be appreciated? schematics link here=http://www.morleypedals.com/pwfes.pdf
  2. Paulo540


    Nov 23, 2009
    The way I would do it is measure the ac out from the transformer.

    Using my poor logic, Its probably a 28v like the other one. You got a voltage doubler/bridge coming off it going to the 60v point.

    But, I still think the best way is to measure what that output is relative to the in. And don't electrocute yourself please. :)
  3. SgtWookie


    Jul 17, 2007
    In the States, AC voltage is 120 at wall outlets, 240 for major appliances.

    You will need a transformer that outputs 1/2 the ACV that your transformer puts out.

    You will need to remove it from the pedal first before measuring it, or you may melt the pedal's electronics.
  4. lmartinez

    Active Member

    Mar 8, 2009
  5. t06afre

    AAC Fanatic!

    May 11, 2009
    You can buy transformers that is designed for transforming 240 volt to 120 volt. They are named isolation transformers. I guess a guitar pedal do not need much current so it will be quite cheap to purchase