10kHz pulsed dc stabilized current adjustable to max 25mA

Pp.

Joined Apr 27, 2012
Hi guys,

I'd need this for a diy iontophoresis device. They're at a prohibitive cost, where the design should be straightforward. DC (battery) source. Any help is appreciated!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
It would be more easy if you do some work on Google. And find some circuits you want to take a closer look at. Then we something to start discussion around

Pp.

Joined Apr 27, 2012
I was hoping someone could give me the lay of the land. Would a high-powered theremin circuit with a diode work?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
...I'd need this ...
Need what? Your title suggests a controlled current of 0-25mA, at what voltage?, at a frequency of 10kHz, is a square wave at 50% duty cycle OK?

Are you following a patent or circuit description you found somewhere? All these details matter, since few here will even know what a iontophoresis device is, let alone how to design one, without doing research. If you've done the research, share it. You'll get much better feedback.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
A constant current source is quite easy to build. And you will find a lot of examples on the net. Those who seek will find. Is it any reason why you want to use pulsed DC not a constant DC. From what I know. A pulsed DC will give less discomfort during the treatment. And that may be a valid point.
Iontophoretic Treatment of Hyperhidrosis. In its simplest form, the setup used comprises two water filled metal tubs and a DC supply. In case of palmar hyperhidrosis, the hands are placed in the two tubs and a DC current is driven from one hand to the other through the upper body. This treatment has now been stopped in many countries because the current is driven through the heart region. The Drionic is an example of an alternative device for the treatment of palmar hyperhidrosis where this problem is solved. When one hand is placed on the Drionic, half the hand is connected to one electrode through a wet sponge, and the other half to the other electrode through another wet sponge. The current is hence driven locally in the hand, and only one hand is treated at a time.

Pp.

Joined Apr 27, 2012
Bioimpedance and Bioelectricity Basics. Hmm... good tip.
DC current worked fine for me for a few years, until i got slight palsy in my right wrist.
I thought i'd try pulsed current through arm-bed/palm first before split-hand.
Your're right wayneh, details matter as i found a patent with circuit where they factor in skin impedance, thus allowing for lower voltage. I'll read through it so i can ask you detailed questions about the implementation.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I recently built a TENS device and a CES device, which also employs a pulsed, controlled current driven through human tissue. Works like a charm. I was skeptical but it has dramatically helped a friend.

I didn't write up a completed project here because I feel a bit queasy sharing much information in this area. If we can't talk about a dome light in a car, self-applied electrotherapy should at least raise an eyebrow.