Pspice/Simulation Aborted

kampfer

Joined Nov 11, 2014
Hi to all,

I am trying to simulate a circuit but i cannot. Yesterday i made this circuit with pspice on my friend's computer. I'm using same pspice version with him. but simulation does not work on my computer. it gives a orprobe-3188, simulation aborted error. i don't know why.

Attachments

kampfer

Joined Nov 11, 2014
"Couldn't open file "C:\Users\Kullanıcı\Documents\spice\vidi-PSpiceFiles\SCHEMATIC1\vidi\vidi.out".It may be that the file-system is readonly or the file does not exist."

exact explanation of error. i even made an another simple circuit with only voltage source and resistor. i get same error. what is the reason of that?

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Cant help with PSpice, but your circuit has a design error, depending on what Logic the Nand gates represent. Feeding 15V (even through a resistor) into the input of a logic chip could be a real nono. The simulation, even if it was running, wouldn't tell you that...

kampfer

Joined Nov 11, 2014
Cant help with PSpice, but your circuit has a design error, depending on what Logic the Nand gates represent. Feeding 15V (even through a resistor) into the input of a logic chip could be a real nono. The simulation, even if it was running, wouldn't tell you that...
but this is working in real life, i used that in an experiment and it worked with exact same values, also i made simulation of it. but i cannot do same things in my computer. i don't understand that.

kampfer

Joined Nov 11, 2014
You are worrying about simulating a circuit that works (you say) today. I am telling you why your circuit will probably not work tomorrow...
like i said, it worked. i made its experiment, i even drew its graph. i saw values of output in oscilloscope. it is fine. the problem is pspice. i need the fix it because if i can't simulate this, i won't simulate something important tomorrow. these are result of simulation that i made my friend's computer. i cannot make it in my pc.

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It is not fine. It is a very poor design that will likely prove unreliable in fairly short order. There are several problems with it that are causing you to abuse the inputs of your digital parts and rely on the protection diodes in the pads. I realize that you don't care about making circuits properly, so I will leave it at that.

The error message you are getting is telling you that it is trying to open a specific file on your machine and can't. Have you checked if that file already exists and, if it does, is it read only or is it open in another application? Does the path exist?

It is not a good idea to simulate parts with zero rise time or fall time. The simulator may not handle this well and you may get convergence problems.

kampfer

Joined Nov 11, 2014
It is not fine. It is a very poor design that will likely prove unreliable in fairly short order. There are several problems with it that are causing you to abuse the inputs of your digital parts and rely on the protection diodes in the pads. I realize that you don't care about making circuits properly, so I will leave it at that.

The error message you are getting is telling you that it is trying to open a specific file on your machine and can't. Have you checked if that file already exists and, if it does, is it read only or is it open in another application? Does the path exist?

It is not a good idea to simulate parts with zero rise time or fall time. The simulator may not handle this well and you may get convergence problems.
i fixed it, i uninstalled and reinstalled program. it is working well now. you are completely right about circuit, it is a bad design. i have to say; it is not my design. just an experiment from electronics lab. pspice gives warning about it, but it is not important right now, i am done with it.

Ondra

Joined Mar 1, 2023
I found this at the internet and helped me... Hope it heps you

I had the same problem and could solve it in the following way:

Click in:
(Upper Toolbar) "Pspice"---"Edit Simulation Profile"
Then click in:
"General". Here you will see a box with the name "Output".

You just need to make sure that the folder name, where the Output file is written, is the same as the one for the "SCHEMATIC" folder of the project.

For example in my case, my "SCHEMATIC" is in the folder:
C:\Users\Orcad Simulaciones\Circuito_1-PSpiceFiles\SCHEMATIC1

And the output file "Prueba_1.out" is therefore in:
C:\Users\Orcad Simulaciones\circuito_1-PSpiceFiles\SCHEMATIC1\
Prueba_1\Prueba_1.out

Hope it helps!