100v injector driver circuit from a 12v system

sentein

Joined Mar 1, 2011
Okay i have a couple ideas to use a Stand alone fuel management system on my diesel. This is all well and good but i have a slight problem. The system i will try to use to run my engine is meant for a gas engine. The injectors for a gas engine are 12v with a switching ground to actuate the injector. In the diesel i will need to switch the positive with a constant grounding source. That in itself is easy enough really. The voltage used on the diesel injectors is much higher though. I need to come up with a circuit that will output up to 100v preferably using the switching ground of the stand alone system.

I know capacitors are really not the key to this. i was thinking of using the same primary and seconday windings as a coil would use but the voltage from something that big would destroy my injectors. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. I would like to be able to build it onto a circuit board if at all possible. By the way in case anyone needs to know i will be using the Megasquirt system in this build as i am already used to tuning with it.

Thank you for any input, i hope the answer is not too obvious.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
The F series V8 diesel uses about 100V DC for there injectors. Since i didnt have any trouble with the F trucks I didnt bother to find out how it was generated from 12V. I asumed they used a DC 12v to 100V DC inverter for injector power.