10 second runtime

trout

Joined Dec 22, 2011
Bill, The magazine was a complete help and I can not thank you enough!

@thatoneguy - No explosives here. Just a fun run electronically. And yes it would probably mess with the buoyancy.

Next step is to create a bread board to test the layout, then I will need to split the pill into two boards to put the electronics on. The pill is a little larger than what will fit, but the good news is, it can be done.

I am always open to suggestions, but I am so grateful for the help that everyone has provided!
Peace,
Tom

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Just remember: A Video of it working here would be AWESOME!

Sorry I can't get the warhead thing out of my head. build in a hard plastic tube, make the warhead out of very thin and brittle plastic up front. I can't think of a way to do it right without actual C4 and detonators (which are quite long and suprisingly heavy), fuses are hard to light underwater.

trout

Joined Dec 22, 2011
LOL - I am O.K. with the persistence! If I can do this (and I am nervous because electronics and I have not had a love-love relationship) I will post here and yes I would be honored to post a video as well! I am also not too proud to post my failures here too!

I will start accumulating components and a breadboard to test. Then work on the miniaturization part - would this make sense?

What program do you recommend for making the board (when I get to that point)?

Peace,
Tom

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Almost anything. I've been known to hand draw my early stuff.

Personally I use Express PCB because the software is easy to use. Having said that, easy is comparative. My advice is to ask for help if you can, and sidestep the learning curve for now.

You have several people interested, it may be easier than you think to get help.

trout

Joined Dec 22, 2011
Bill,
Thank you. I will do that. I got ahold of the author and he gave me a couple of suggestions. I will get that put on paper and ask for help!
Peace,
Tom

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Post the schematic for the circuit here, and the PCB layout has been known to magically appear as well at times.

Especially when it is a cool project.