0-10v bandsaw deviation monitor, help

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Ken, if I had a spice model for the 3914 I would have simulated it by now. I guess I'm going to have to make a macro sub circuit when I get the time.

Anyway, I think I have good news for you. I've been reading through National's data sheet for the 3914 and here are my findings as I believe them to be.

You're kit came with a pot marked PR1 (Preset) on the print. I believe this pot can easily set the range of your readout from 0 to 10V, where each led indicates a .5V increment. I also believe that the Preset pot can be adjusted to provide a readout from 0 to 5V, where each led then indicates a .25V increment. If you want this much of an expanded scale it can be done by preceding the input to your kit with an OpAmp to provide an offset voltage to the input of your kit. Let us know if you need or want that much sensitivity. You won't need this if you want 0 to 10V with .5V resolution.

Since you said that your sensor's range is from 0 to 10V I presume you will adjust the sensor for 5V being the ideal feed reading, or will 5V be the reading with no feed at all?