Electronic Formula Calculator

Senz_90

Joined Jul 11, 2013
I don't know why there is no one comment this thread but WOW. thank you for that spreadsheet. it would be easier for me to learn with that !!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
No comment was requested!

I've been doing spreadsheets for a lifetime and I don't generally want to use other people's work without first getting a thorough understanding of how it was developed. I've done enough of my own to know how easily errors can propagate, and how easily the purpose of various calculations can be misunderstood. Inputs versus outputs, that sort of thing.

But following your praise I took a look: That is one extensive piece of work! No doubt handy to have around. Great cheat sheet for an exam.

Senz_90

Joined Jul 11, 2013
No comment was requested!

I've been doing spreadsheets for a lifetime and I don't generally want to use other people's work without first getting a thorough understanding of how it was developed. I've done enough of my own to know how easily errors can propagate, and how easily the purpose of various calculations can be misunderstood. Inputs versus outputs, that sort of thing.

But following your praise I took a look: That is one extensive piece of work! No doubt handy to have around. Great cheat sheet for an exam.
that is why I really like those attitude. didn't like copycat. I wish I could extend my knowledge to make a real circuit based on my own design like you all. no doubt he/she do a great extensive work to make those spreadsheet.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I wish I could extend my knowledge to make a real circuit based on my own design like you all.
You can. Don't get hung up on the "design" word, which I think may overstate what most folks do. If I need, for example, an oscillator, I don't design one. I couldn't. I go looking for what other people have done, and from the many options I select what seems the best compromise for my needs, maybe a 555 circuit or maybe a crystal oscillator. That needs power, so I figure out what power source to use, and how to adapt it to what I need. And so on and on.

I have no dreams of designing some circuit that has never been seen before. That's almost impossible at this late date. At best I might think of a novel application of existing technology.

Senz_90

Joined Jul 11, 2013
You can. Don't get hung up on the "design" word, which I think may overstate what most folks do. If I need, for example, an oscillator, I don't design one. I couldn't. I go looking for what other people have done, and from the many options I select what seems the best compromise for my needs, maybe a 555 circuit or maybe a crystal oscillator. That needs power, so I figure out what power source to use, and how to adapt it to what I need. And so on and on.

I have no dreams of designing some circuit that has never been seen before. That's almost impossible at this late date. At best I might think of a novel application of existing technology.
Thank you. you were right, maybe "design" word too overstate. Maybe the right word is I wish to learn how circuit worked and how to "modify" it for my need/wish. hahaha.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
One step at a time, just like learning to write. Simple circuit "words" first, then larger circuit "sentences" constructed from those smaller sub-circuits. Completed project contains chapters of verse.