1:10 transformer

balaji selva

Joined Nov 29, 2013
friends i tried to step up the output voltage of the amplifier but i was not able to step up via a 1:10 transformer...do i need to use any driver circuit in between instrumentation amplifier and transformer.please say soon.........

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Not all instrumentation amplifiers are the same. Not all transformers are the same. So there is no way for us to know whether your instrumentation amplifier is capable of driving your transformer and/or the load that is connected to it.

balaji selva

Joined Nov 29, 2013
i used AD 620 Ic my friend as instrumentation amplifier.... i don't know specifications of the transformer.. i know it's 1:10 ratio transformer

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
i used AD 620 Ic my friend as instrumentation amplifier.... i don't know specifications of the transformer.. i know it's 1:10 ratio transformer
Well, you can't design to unknown specifications. :rolleyes: We need the signal frequency range, maximum voltage, and the load at a minimum, even if we assume a perfect transformer.

balaji selva

Joined Nov 29, 2013
ferrite core transformer, max signal frequency is 2000Hz, o/p power need to be 20W.....i.e it has to give 200mA to a 500 ohm device at the o/p side.....