snapon exhaust analizer MT405

panelbeater

Joined Feb 16, 2012
would some one be able to help me to obtain a circuit diagrm .As the exhaust analizer is not working .Any help would be apreciated .Regards john

Last edited by a moderator:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

As the analyzer is used on cars, I will close the thread.

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I think it was a bit severe to close this thread (same title posted below simply because the analyzer is used in automotive. The referenced piece is stand alone test equipment made by a very reputable company, Snap-On, that he was asking for advice on how to repair. It was not a modification to a vehicle in any way.

Closing his thread as being an automotive modification is like saying we won't discuss battery chargers because the are used in cars, or closing volt meter related questions because they might be used to measure voltage on a transformer less power supply.

Please re-open the thread below to see if anyone can advise the original poster.

Original post:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=79174

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I have to agree. I would think the reason for the automotive ban is one of safety. I cannot see how repairing an exhaust analyzer for an automobile would compromise safety.

The only thing I could see is if it was used to skirt local pollution laws but I would think the device would need regular certification anyway so an improper or illegal repair would soon be discovered by authorities.

This thread probably really belongs in Feedback but OP still brings up a good point.

panelbeater

Joined Feb 16, 2012
Thanks chaps for input .I purchessed out of the usa and was wanting some one that may have one or would have a circuit diag for it .I have a couple of vintage cars and can tune the carb 100% .Regards John