way forward in mini project

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
If I understand you correctly, you are very new to electronics, and you want some "mini" projects, which means "small simple beginner projects"?

You could try google searches for;
small simple electronics project
simple beginner electronic project
simple electronic kit
beginner DIY electronic project

That should get you started. :) The term "mini project" is not very common in electronics.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
How do you get from "mixed topics" to "mini"?

You must have in your mind some definition of "mini", maybe in terms of time or cost or complexity. We cannot read your mind - tell use what you want to do.

To me, "mini" is a short dress often worn by hot women. "Mixed topics" could be pick-up lines you might attempt to use on them. :D

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Bit of a stretch there, shorty.:rolleyes:
Your first try was cool enough.:cool:
Lets be nice to the n00bie.;)

(I just learned that I can drag&drop the smileys.:p)

arun the curious

Joined Aug 6, 2012
ah...so thats it...
By a mini project... what i meant was that a project not as complicated as the one which gaduates have to submit at d end of their course.
and by mixed topics that i want it to be frm a no.of areas of electronics say not from microprocessors topic alone...
and not some mini skirt or whatever thought of it...
n guys sorry 4 d confusion...if any..

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
You have to give us a hint as to what you want to do. Is this a school project or just to help you learn on your own, for pleasure.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You have to give us a hint as to what you want to do.
+1
This is getting tiresome. We're on post #14 with no idea of what you want, except that it shouldn't be as complicated as a senior project in a school not one of us has attended. :rolleyes:

Do you want to focus on audio, lighting, computing, communication, electro-mechanics, alternative energy, sensors, or any of a number of other topics? Do you have hobbies that might be related; music, RC airplanes, etc.? What is your skill level, in terms of soldering and building, programming microprocessors, building robots, whatever? Do you have a budget? Timeline? Throw us a bone. ;)

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
It's like asking "give me some Western music for listening pleasure" without telling us what type of music. Pop, country, classical, sentimental, hot, rock, oldies, current, rap, disco, heavy metals........60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s, favourite singers names, male or female singers.......... etc.

As you know the field of electronics is as wide as the field of music. Without a clue, we just cannot give you any pointer.:D

Allen

arun the curious

Joined Aug 6, 2012
thanks for reply...
this is a project as part of my engineering degree course.i have done a few breadboard type circuits like light sensitive alarm,555 flasher and i am trying to learn soldering from internet.as for the timeline this shud be submitted at the end of my semester-6 months.
from the given choices i like the field of communication,sensors,robotics...

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Materials

1. A 12V filament bulb.
2. 2 pieces of wire of about 2 feet.
3. A 9V battery.

Buy these from ur local radio shack or whatever.

Take a picture from ur phone or cam and show me the stuff. Then I will tell u what to do next on your mixed mini project. :D