battery circuit

kartikavisaalm

Joined Jul 5, 2012
hello friends!

I have prepared an 20w inverter circuit using mosfet that is triggered by 555 timer ,for this purpose i have used 12v,1.3ahr battery and bulb glow is bright:) .
After battery got discharged i have fully charged it again up to its maximum capacity and the moment i connect it to my circuit its getting discharged very quickly without litting up the bulb. :mad:

could any one help me in telling how to identify the problem in battery?

NOTE:the problem might be in the battery and not in the circuit because light glew when i used another dc source
should i buy i more battery and how should i prevent the same problem repeating again in the new battery.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
... the moment i connect it to my circuit its getting discharged very quickly without litting up the bulb...
That could indicate a short in your circuit. Is anything hot?

But probably your battery is being abused. A 20W bulb plus inefficiencies may be drawing 30W from the battery, which is only rated to only about 15W•hrs. So if you used the battery more than a half hour or so, you discharged the battery more than it likes. Try giving it a long, slow recharge. And get a bigger battery.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Running a 12 volt lead-acid battery until it is completely discharged is a bad thing. The battery does not like you doing that. Even a "deep cycle" lead-acid battery does not like being completely discharged. This is what wayneh was calling, "abuse". Do not completely empty the batteries.