Creative Inspire T3030

Marconha

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Hello Gopal

One question, the order you post to Sten is following the picture order or this schema image ?

I really need help

Thanks

no1chef

Joined Mar 28, 2012
Hi, it seems a common problem with the T3030 units and a shame as they produce a great sound. I´ve just fixed my own unit (which now works like new again) and I would like to share my wiring diagram for anyone else trying to repair the same unit
The best way to rewire is to gentle remove using a small Flathead screwdriver the black piece which is covering the female din - gradually pry it from each side until it comes loose.
Once removed you need to reduce the depth of the black piece by about half, Use a sharp knife to cut it.
Once cut carefully slot it back in to the same position as before but be careful not to bend any of the exposed metal connectors.
Now you should be able to see the metal contacts visible and accessible. Carefully strip the remote lead and either solder or place each of the coloured cables in its position (ensuring good contact) as I´ve indicated in my diagram. Connect the system up and try some music (do not move the sub woofer yet in case any wires come loose.)
Once you have checked the following functions (see further down the list) you can now fill the female Din with enough super glue to ensure a permanent fix (be patient and allow enough time for the glue to dry) Now I recommend fixing a good 10cm of the remote cable to the body of the sub woofer to minimize the risk of putting strain on the little wires. Once fixed in to place you can improve the strength by filling the remainder of the din with Silicone.
Good luck

Very important to check the following operations before gluing:

1. On/Off on remote
2: volume up/down
3. Bass up/down
4. headphone socket left/right audio working on headphones

Attachments

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to AAC!

A thread belongs to the OP (original poster). Trying to take over someone elses thread is called hijacking, which is not allowed at All About Circuits. I have therefore given you a thread of your very own.

This was split from Creative Inspire T3030

I included the other because the thread was two years old, and the OP was long gone.