DS1307 Daughter Board

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I am planning to have some DS1307 RTC daughter boards made. Attached is the schematic as well as the top and bottom layers of the PCB.

My idea is that the daughter board could be used on a solderless breadboard by soldering two 4 pin headers in the location shown with the pins sticking down; then the daughter board would simply be inserted into the solderless breadboard. Or, with the pins sticking up, the daughter board could be attached to the main PCB with standoffs and screws through 2 or three of the mounting holes in the daughter board. Or, without pin headers, wires could simply be soldered to the holes provided for the pin headers. You get the idea, i.e., versatility.

Any comments or corrections on the attachments would be appreciated. I am especially concerned with the crystal location and the ground plane underneath it.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I think it looks very nice. You might take a look at the one Futurlec sells for $7.90 for ideas.

Good luck on your project.

Cheerful regards, Mike
Looks like they are including 3 pullup resistors: for SCL, SDA, and SQW.

I have added them to my board. I have also placed a full ground plane on the bottom layer.

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited: