PIC16F877A+UART for LABVIEW

navidbox

Joined Mar 6, 2009
I need to send four measurement parameters to the PC for display and storage purposes. The software for this aim is LABVIEW. I am new to PIC and Interfacing, but by putting so much effort and asking questions from experts, i could have accomplished the acquisition of all the data till today.
I could also transmit a character "HELLO" through RS232 with my UART to USB converter and the result in hyperterminal was observed as well.
I am quite happy that i could have reached up to this stage. but on the other hand, unfortunately my knowledge is absolutely poor about LABVIEW.
I have heard that if i have control over the format of the data from PIC to LABVIEW, it is not that difficult.
Please find the attached pictures of the design for better understanding.

Questions:
1- can you please explain what is exactly meant by format of data?(I also don't know the format of data i sent through USB)
2- After specifiying the format, what would be the next stage?
3- If it is possible, please provide me with some sample codes for Hi-tech C, and LABVIEW as well.

Attachments

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
You have a good start. I suggest for Labview help. Go to help in the toolbar. Then select "Find Examples" and search for serial. It will show how to set up and using a serial port in Labview