Matlab code for Biot Savarts quiver plot??! HELP!

klokenton5

Joined Feb 11, 2011
B =ˆφ µoI/2(pi)(r) consider the situation where a continuous line charge of
σ = 1 C/m with the charge moving 1m/s.

a. Use Matlab to plot the vector field of B using 3-D quiver plot and B versus distance from the wire r.

b. Calculate the vector components of E and plot the 3D quiver plot of
E and a separate plot of E versus distance from the wire r using Coulomb’s Law,
symmetry, and Matlab.

klokenton5

Joined Feb 11, 2011
What is your question exactly?
Problem:
Using Biot Savart Law, B =ˆφ µoI/2(pi)(r) consider the situation where a continuous line charge of σ = 1 C/m with the charge moving 1m/s.

PART A:
For part a using Matlab I need to plot the vector field of B using the 3-D quiver plot with B versus distance from the wire r relating to Biot Savarts equation given above with parameters given.

PART B:
Calculate the vector components of E and plot the 3D quiver plot of
E and a separate plot of E versus distance from the wire r using Coulomb’s Law and symmetry on Matlab.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I 'm not that good with physics, but I can handle the Matlab part. If you or someone else can work out the exact formulas of the fields, I 'm confident I can print them.

I 'm troubled by that ^φ factor of B in your first equation and the lack of the vector of r.

Awaiting updates.

klokenton5

Joined Feb 11, 2011
I 'm not that good with physics, but I can handle the Matlab part. If you or someone else can work out the exact formulas of the fields, I 'm confident I can print them.

I 'm troubled by that ^φ factor of B in your first equation and the lack of the vector of r.

Awaiting updates.

Im sorry disregard the ^φ factor. Copy and paste error. It would be highly appreciated if I could get this code. Thank you so much for looking in the first place! I will be waiting :)

klokenton5

Joined Feb 11, 2011
In the Biot savarts equation µ=4(pi)x10^-7 H/m and I= current

Coulombs law is: (charge q1)(charge q2)/[4(pi)(ε0)(r^2)]

ε0=8.85 × 10^−12 F/m

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
As I said before, I can't crank down the formulas without enormous doubts about the result. If you want me to help you plotting the vector of B in space, I need you to express it as a function of the Cartesian or polar coordinates. That includes finding the current I over all the space and using that formula to calculate B over all the space.

Remember that the magnitude of B isn't enough to print its vector. Its direction is also needed.

klokenton5

Joined Feb 11, 2011
As I said before, I can't crank down the formulas without enormous doubts about the result. If you want me to help you plotting the vector of B in space, I need you to express it as a function of the Cartesian or polar coordinates. That includes finding the current I over all the space and using that formula to calculate B over all the space.

Remember that the magnitude of B isn't enough to print its vector. Its direction is also needed.

Hmmm your right. I guess its gonna have to be done by expressing it as a function of the Cartesian or polar coordinates.