Pulsing a DC power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhargavkr

Joined Jun 16, 2009
Hello Group,
I have a 200V 15 amps DC CVCC benchtop power supply. Iam trying to develop a electrolysis system and i require 10-200hz adjustable squarewave pulsed dc. { worst case 200 hz fixed :( }

As this is for a electrical type of power supply , i do not need high precision on the square waves . This is the idea i have till now for the power supply .

Line Ac -- DC rectifier -- DC Capacitor --DC SSR-- Inductor -- Load
| |
DC pulsing circuit

As iam not a professional electrical engineer and i cant get any local company to take up development of the power supply for a single number requirment , iam stuck for over 1 year trying to get professional help. With frustration , iam trying to build my own and i really need help on putting exact numbers on the circuit components. Please help me ...

1) What should be the output of the pulsing circuit to generate square waves on the output of SSR?? will something of this sort work " http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cons...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories "

1a) Is there any place where i can buy any standard square wave pulsing circuits on the net ?? any links will be veyr helpful

2) How do i go about fixing a value on the inductor ? The load is an electrolysis system which behaves like a resistive load . Max designed operating parameters are 15 amps , 200 V dc.

Any other precaution i need to take , like maybe a diode somewhere??

If anybody wants to help even professionally , i would be very grateful , please message me at <snip> ( please replace dot with . )

Regards,
Bhargav

Last edited by a moderator:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Without an isolation transformer in the circuit, the big problem is that it will present a lethal shock hazard. Worse yet, any component failure makes it even more dangerous.

I am afraid we do not discuss transformerless circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.