22" Acer Monitor Predicament

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hi guys.
Here is another fancy problem. :)
Below you see the inside of a 22" Acer Monitor, this thing has been sitting around for a year or so as most of em had given up on it.

Once I saw the PSU it's obvious why it is out of their league for every one here.
see for ur self.

The FET blew taking with it most of the parts of the PWM and the current sensors.

Just like to ask can anyone make out the value of the resistors.
The photos are not too good as it is taken in low lite with an i phone.
But you can see same way as I can see the components. what I mean is the photo shows the details as I too cannot make out the values.

Attachments

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Long chain of associations involving a breakfast cereal and then persons hit with napalm. Now it is used by some to refer to the appearance of a component that has burned up in circuit.

Replacement parts are one thing - finding why they blew up might be another.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
The little bugs that fly into the blue light bug zappers, or the electric fly-swatter tennis-racket become crispy critters.

or

That FET in the photo..that is now a crispy critter.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
beenthere...
Long chain of associations involving a breakfast cereal and then persons hit with napalm. Now it is used by some to refer to the appearance of a component that has burned up in circuit.
Why do you guys always talk in riddles. breakfast and napalm, napalm, it's an explosive , am i right....:confused: I am having a hard time trying to figure out what you ppl are babbling about :D

Replacement parts are one thing - finding why they blew up might be another.
and there is that too...

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I googled for a schematic and I got nothing.
and to makes things worse nodevice.com scammed me out of a few bucks.
I paid cause they said they have the service guide and what they gave was a whole lot of crap. Without a complete schematic what is the use of a service manual.
I am posting what they are selling. mod's do not remove the pdf as I have paid for it and I want others to see and know. I am the legal owner of the pdf.
what they gave me are the things I know by heart.
I truly am pissed today. :mad:

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Rifaa,
What model is this monitor?
[eta]
Never mind; I didn't see your post about it being an AL2216W.

I couldn't find one either. You'd need to get the schematics from a level 3 repair facility, or send the board in for repair.

If you knew what it was supposed to do, that would help a good bit.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I am trying to figure out the chip. I have already taken some info from the board, let me draw a quick diagram.

This is what I can make out of the trace, the Vcc pin tells me that this is not a standard PWM. like 3842 and the rest.
I checked all the data I have to see if any PWM matches to this pin layout, no luck. Has any one seen such a chip pin layout.
The MOSFET is SuperMESH FET, a 10A, 0.65Ω On Res, 600V, 115W monster.
I donno why they have used such a fet with a little supply, probably to keep the heat generated to a minimum.
I could easily make the DSP run from a PC PSU but the inverter uses around 24 to 28 from the looks of it.
So no go here for now, but if I had the Led's that I bought with me I could have replaced the back lite with the leds.
Back lit LED replacement is something I am going to do as soon as the LED's arrive from HK and the clad boards from USA. This is going to be a fun project.

Attachments

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
now don't get cranky, you know I did attached them and every one can see them with the post and to be sure I made em public.
I guess I have to reup them at photo bucket so that these kind of thing won't happen.
Ok guys, sorry for that, photo's are attached now too

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I dug up this thread cause it is time to do something about it.

Last night I sold the 19" AcerHP Monitor that I fixed.
Without a second one I am beginning to see the difficulty in Multitasking :D

This monitor's supply chip is available from the company. RM contacted them and they said they sell 'em in huge numbers..:eek:.
Which means I have to do without the original supply....

Cooking in progress.......stay tuned.