camera

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
If it's reasonably short range, how about one of the cheap 'video sender' units designed to link a DVD or sat to a second TV.

That gives you video & audio one way, plus some have a back channel for infra red remote control.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That's not encoding, it's modulating the AM carrier. Do you have any spec's on the transmitter? Is any official organization going to be unhappy about your signal? What frequency are you planning to use, and what country are you in?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Why do you need to worry about digital modulation? You have told us:
I need to encode the analog signal of the camera and I need also to decode this signal
If the camera has an analog output, doing digital encoding and decoding is just making the job harder. An analog signal can be used to modulate an AM carrier (with some help).

Without some idea of the camera or the AM transmitter, it's going to be hard to get anywhere.

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
That transmitter and receiver have a bandwidth of a few KHz - about the same as a single voice channel.

An analog video signal has a bandwidth of around 5 - 6 MHz, equivalent to several hundred voice channels.

You need proper video-rated equipment to handle video signals.

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
Like I said to start with, a cheap domestic video sender.

Just search 'video sender' - they are about 20-00 & up here in the UK.

They take composite video & stereo audio in at one end and give composive video & sterey audio back out the other.