Some Help about a component

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
Thanks for answering. It is not sth related to the charger. I just found it in my junk box-thought of using it. By the way how can i use the 6.8ohm ntc?

Pardon me if i have asked too foolish questions:)

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
And is it a thermistor? I hope it is but i dont think it is.

Pardon me if i have asked too foolish questions.:)

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
So, whats the answer? IS it a thermistors? Sorry for repeating it. I have posted it 2 weeks back!!

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
Thanks for answering!! But how can I use it with a bulb? Shall it be in parallel? Can you please suggest a circuit?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
In series of course. You maybe need to try a few different bulbs.

It will be bright then turn dim for a PTC.
For a NTC, it will be dim at first then become brighter.

It is normal for these components to heat up.

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
Thank you very much!!

It got brighter overtime-meaning it is a NTC. Can you now suggest a simple "circuit" using this NTC-meaning in what applications is that used??

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
That's a low value, so you don't want to run much voltage on it, Ohm's law and all, at 6.8 Volts, 1 amp through it, creating 6.8 Watts of heat to be dissipated. That package couldn't withstand more than about ½ Watt. Result would be "Black thingy that used to be a Thermistor".

It can be used as a temp sensor, with low current through it, as part of a voltage divider feeding a comparator or a microcontroller. Though, the value is very small for that purpose as well, you wouldn't get a full range easily.