Is this true ?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
U.S. Export laws prohibit InstoComp, Inc. from selling product into the following countries: Cuba, Libya, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria and North Korea. Our customers are prohibited from re-exporting to these countries as well...
Those letters were in a small font size and it came with n email.

I was wondering that is it really true ?
Is there a law in US about that ?

By the way the product is Semiconductors.

if u must know, the email reads....

Is time for you to replenish your prior ordered or do you have any new requirements ?

IC Electronic Components is an Independent Distributor of production quantities Hard-to-Find Electronic components. We stock in the USA, have a nitch for the RF - Microwave, Power Transistors, Memory, Logis and Display's. Additionally, we ONLY purchase excess inventory from USA tier 1 OEMs and because of this we can offer
No Hype, No Nonsense..

We Respond Quickly with Competitive Prices, Deliver the right part on time and

We Guarantee EVERY sale. ...!

Need an Obsolete Electronic Component buy direct, cut out the midle men and have stock on you dock tomorrow.​
Glenn Nichols
InstoComp, Inc. dba IC Electronic Components
gnichols@icelect.com
Phone:970-547-4487
Fax :954-827-0139
http://www.icelect.com

U.S. Export laws prohibit InstoComp, Inc. from selling product into the following countries: Cuba, Libya, Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria and North Korea. Our customers are prohibited from re-exporting to these countries as well...

This e-mail contains proprietary information and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please delete it immediately

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
It's not a trade embargo they are restrictions against shipping hi tech hardware to countries seeking to use it to make advanced weapons to kill US citizens with.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerty
Nautical Miles? Surely you don't mean nano meters..

or newton meters

yes, nautical miles ;)
It's all about the case
Nm Newton meters
NM nautical miles
nm nanometers
nM nanomolar

jimkeith

Joined Oct 26, 2011
AHA! You detective you, ... found a double standard have ye? No way, we don't practice double standards in America. But we don't let our citizens within 12NM of cuba because they're communist.
Suppose it might have something to do with protecting the High Fructose Corn Syrup industry here in the US?

They don't use much HFCS in Europe--is that true?

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Suppose it might have something to do with protecting the High Fructose Corn Syrup industry here in the US?

In the UK, for home cooking we would use golden syrup, which is a sugar cane product. A lot of commercial products have glucose syrup listed as an ingredient.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009

I don't understand the whole High Fructose Corn Syrup thing. My grandmother and mother used Karo Syrup in baking for years.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Talk about hijacking a thread and going way off topic.

The reason the US has a trade embargo on Cuba is because the Cuban communist state is perceived as a threat to US corporate financial interests and capitalism? Nah, that's too simple.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I had a very nice vacation in Cuba because there were no boisterous Americans there (also no guns).
I noticed many poor people in Cuba living in trailers just like many poor Americans.
I did not notice communism in Cuba.