Microchip UTC2000: USB Type-C Controller
Microchip UTC2000 is arguably the best thing to happen to consumer connectivity since Bluetooth. It was introduced in 2014 right after the introduction of USB 3.1 USB type C connectors that have since stolen the spotlight since they are reversible since they embody the same non-oriented connector on both ends. USB-C is small, robust and can handle up to 10 Bits/s, 100W of power and graphics through one single cable.
The UTC2000 controller has been designed for USB 2.0 and 3.0 DFP and UFP applications. It can be designed into any existing product to upgrade them to USB Type-C. It offers a means of detecting a USB Type C when its inserted. It also detects the direction the cable is plugged and controls the system to do its job. It comes in small package size and is available in consumer, industrial and extended temperature and automotive versions.
- Transforms an existing USB Type-A design to a USB Type-C DFP or any existing Type-B designing to a USB Type-C UFC.
- Leverages USB Type-C reversible cable and compactness
- Can be used with USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1
- Supports 1.5 A and 3.0 A USB Type-C charging
- Its compact 3×3 16-pin QFN package
- Demands minimal design effort
- Supports USB-C audio adapter
- Consumer, Industrial and extended temperature versions
Source : https://blog.enrgtech.co.uk/microchip-utc2000-usb-type-c-controller/
- USB Hubs
- Desktop PCs
- USB Wall Charges
You need to be logged in to comment