Regulated breadboard powersupply

I got inspired by one of the threads on the forum, and that ended up with this. My way of making a workbench/bread board powersupply.

The input source is a wall wart 30v 1.5A.

It's limited to regulate down to 12vdc and 5vdc. Nothing more and nothing less.

I design my schematics in Eagle, here is the schematic:
Click on image for bigger view.

... and a panelized version of the board layout:

The process:

After the design is finished, and I'm satisfied with the board layout, I print it on transparent sheet. Twice. This way, when I put them on top of each other, the UV-light is completely blocked. After development, it leaves a nearly perfect result. Next is the etching. That's done in Ferric Chloride. I've made my own agitator, to speed up the process. I could also heat the etchant a bit, but I don't do that. It's around room temperature.

When etching was done, I sanded the board with super fine sand paper, and cleaned it with Acetone. Both sides. That also removed the rest of the photoresist that was left. Next I drilled a hole to hang the board up while painting. I've bought some paint. This type from Bungard I painted both sides, and was a bit excited about the solder side. Would the paint do it impossible to solder? Well, it didn't. I was easy to solder this.

The finished pcb and solder product.
I think it looks really nice.

Here's some better pictures.

Disclaimer:
I take no responsibility for what others might do with the schematic, circuit or paintjobs. This work for me, though the schema and circuit might not be 100% efficient or optimized.

Blog entry information

Author
nerdegutta
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More entries in General

More entries from nerdegutta

Share this entry