zero volts on op amp input

Status
Not open for further replies.

LvW

Joined Jun 13, 2013
So just in case you miss my point.. To us newbs its important you both post and express things in the way you feel is correct, in this case what has a newb learnt??
Thanks guy's you managed a perfect example of team work without even knowing :D
Little ghostman,
thank you for your contribution and for your attempt to act as a "referee".

What has a newb learnt?
I think a beginner could have learnt three things:

1.) Very often things are not so simple as it seems to be (sorry for the bad grammar);
2.) That means: In most cases (if not in all) at least two answers are possible:
- One simple answer, which is roughly correct
- One (or more) answers with explanations and with better accuracy (but seldom fully correct)
3.) For a particular application, it is of great importance to decide which of the alternatives mentioned above are appropriate to solve a specific task with required accuracy.

I think, that´s also the core of your conclusion ("team work"), correct?

LvW

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
This is why it is very important to assess the level of knowledge of the person requesting assistance. Unfortunately this is not always obvious and the person providing an answer has to guess or make assumptions in order be as clear and concise as possible.

It would help tremendously of someone posing a question stated in the preamble their level of understanding so that the response could be tailored to their level.

Newcomers to the field of electronics must understand that a forum cannot replace a proper textbook or college course on the subject matter. One would be advised to seek out such knowledge first and then come to the AAC forum for clarification or further explanation.

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
But those of you that haven't seen the OP in action don't understand is, he is a working tech. Or at least that is what he has claimed else where, maybe he is getting smarter at hiding his real agenda. He has been banned many times on many forums under many names - Walters, BillyMayo, and others.

He comes in' just like he did here. Starts asking the same questions over and over, starts many threads, and gets members arguing amongst themselves. Finally gets banned (again), leaving good forums in disarray and bad feelings amongst members. The fall out at ETO is still being felt.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
But those of you that haven't seen the OP in action don't understand is, he is a working tech. Or at least that is what he has claimed else where, maybe he is getting smarter at hiding his real agenda. He has been banned many times on many forums under many names - Walters, BillyMayo, and others.

He comes in' just like he did here. Starts asking the same questions over and over, starts many threads, and gets members arguing amongst themselves. Finally gets banned (again), leaving good forums in disarray and bad feelings amongst members. The fall out at ETO is still being felt.
Yeh, there was a post from Bill_Marsden back on feb 20 but is now deleted. My friend Mr Google remembered it too.

= ==

Feb 20, 2014 - Just so as everyone knows Billy Mayo and DexterMccoy are using the same computer. Draw what conclusions ... for this thread. Wait for it, Bill

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I have seen no evidence to support that claim.
He has circuit diagrams from an aircraft, he seems to have access to all necessary tools, he can carry on a conversation well enough to keep several people engaged and he seems to have the circuit (aircraft in immediate access).

Although he does not seem to be trained as a tech, with the help of Internet forums, he is working as a tech.

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
Can you guys please make a thread just to talk about me behind my back instead of hijacking my threads subject

I don't go into other people's threads and spams them or hijack it, i keep to myself

I come here to get help with understanding circuits

Please PM each other if you want to talk about me, but please stop going into my threads talking about me, it's very immature and is very negative information

I only talk to techs that are nice and are willing to help me out

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Dexter, you have not told us the level of understanding that you have of electronics.

As I indicated in a previous post, AAC forums might be a good avenue to explain, clarify or expand on specific topics.

It is not a good place to provide you with in depth knowledge of electronics. A suggestion would be for you to seek a college level course or to get an appropriate text on the subject that goes into more detail than we can provide in a forum.

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
Compared to you guys my electronic level is beginners level

My college level teachers can't answer a lot of the questions, that's why I ask the techs here

Is that ok mr chips?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009

My college level teachers can't answer a lot of the questions, that's why I ask the techs here

Is that ok mr chips?
From "My college level teachers" one could infer that you are currently in college.

The questions you have asked in the past suggest coming from someone at junior high school level. It is not my intention or style to denigrate anyone on AAC but knowing your age and level of education will go a long way in being able to provide the level of answers you are seeking.

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
no , i Have been out of college for awhile now

Yes I ask beginners questions

My Level of education for electronics is not to great as you can see, that's why i ask questions and post schematics

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009

Is that ok mr chips?
What makes you think that some random strangers on the internet can provide you with a better education via text messages than college level teachers?

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
because there is different techs that have experience, job experience, trained in the Military in their own countries

You get techs all over the world and all walks of life

Electronic forums help me out

You know what BILLY/DEXTER/WALTERS or whatever your name really is, the above is the first time in well over 500 posts of yours I have read, where you have directly answered the question asked of you time and again.
I once made a guess in a post about you, something along the lines of having a job you couldnt handle. You got real narked over it and the ETO thing broke out.
BUT
Well done, finally you have told it as it is! I mean it, it takes dangly bits to come out with it. I would guess more will help you now they know the situation you are in.
You got a job, everybody needs one of those, you cant do it properly for whatever reason, so your here for help? is that about right?
I dont think anyone is going to have a pop at you if that is the case. (I am being genuine) being honest takes guts, but being honest is the only way to fly!

So now we are on the right path, what exactly are you working with? Aircraft obviously,but are these restoration projects or trying to keep very old planes serviceable?
What kind of planes? All information Helps Mr Dexter, I am kind of in the same boat as you. I am 13 1/2 so not formal electronics yet, I also have to learn from the pro's and the net, It's not easy.

Also you once said you had been in over 20 Tech jobs!!! I can guess why but I honestly wouldn't want to see you loose another.

All the best
LG

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I have met some amazing young people on AAC and am happy to know that I have helped them along the way on this fascinating journey. LG is one of them and so is Sparky49 and I know they will do well in their future careers. The few things that I have heard said about Dexter, by him and others, do not compute. There is no reason for anyone on AAC to put up a facade and hide behind a computer screen and keyboard.

Honesty is always the best policy.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Can you guys please make a thread just to talk about me behind my back instead of hijacking my threads subject

I don't go into other people's threads and spams them or hijack it, i keep to myself

I come here to get help with understanding circuits

Please PM each other if you want to talk about me, but please stop going into my threads talking about me, it's very immature and is very negative information

I only talk to techs that are nice and are willing to help me out
Dexter, Billy, Walters, DannyDavis, Vanclair, Vancastillo, or what ever you call yourself, has anything I've said been untrue? Yes, a forum is for getting or sharing help, but please be honest, and answer questions that are asked about what you are doing. Just repeating the same thing over and over doesn't show a willingness to learn.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I have seen no evidence to support that claim.
From the quality of his posts neither have I. But if you like I'll give you links to threads at ETO and EDA where he has made these claims.

Like I said he has learned from the many banings how to do it better. The now look at new member computer addresses at ETO when a new member starts posting in this fashion and direction.

Assuming that you have a working closed loop circuit and the opamp has a fairly high open loop gain, the feedback tries to drive the negative input of the opamp to be equal to the positive input of the opamp. If the positive input is at ground or zero, then the negative input will be driven to be quite nearly equal to ground.

If you want to check this very small voltage, you can insert a resistive voltage divider of known ratio to feed the negative input of the opamp and measure the voltage at the high end of the divider. The voltage there will be the multiple of the voltage at the negative input of the opamp. So if your divider has a ratio of 100, the voltage at its top will be 100 times the voltage at the negative input. Make sure that your circuit is still stable by looking with an oscilloscope at the amplifier output for signs of oscillation.

Status
Not open for further replies.