zero cross REFERENCE

Dimpi

Joined Sep 6, 2013
helo all,

can anyone give me some idea of how to make a circuit which would provide ZERO CROSS REFERENCE to the input of microcontroller ?the 'zero cross reference' circuit to be made receives input through rf commands...suggest me with cost effective ideas..

any help,any theory would be highly appreciated.

thanx in advance.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
The most common way that I know is lines connected to input of optic isolator.

Those types are not deemed safe (here) and get thread closed.

Here is a transformer type from google.

Attachments

Dimpi

Joined Sep 6, 2013
The most common way that I know is lines connected to input of optic isolator.

Those types are not deemed safe (here) and get thread closed.

Here is a transformer type from google.
can we use some ic having inbuilt comparator and zener diodes ....or some kind of optocoupler for zero crossing??i am very new to this domain ,needs help.

Dimpi

Joined Sep 6, 2013
Is this somehow connected to your motor control thread
yes sir...its connected...
but this is the circuit i am making so that micro sets zero crossing as reference at its input..so that when delay is set up in software section...the delay is generated at the output of micro keeping zero crossing as voltage reference...
so the delayed pulse will provide different firing angle to the triac and this wy way we can control the speed of fan..

sir can u help me with any ideas of how to make simple and efficient circuit for zero cross refernce at the input of micro??

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
helo all,

can anyone give me some idea of how to make a circuit which would provide ZERO CROSS REFERENCE to the input of microcontroller ?the 'zero cross reference' circuit to be made receives input through rf commands...suggest me with cost effective ideas..
Is "to be made receives input through rf commands" truly a requirement? If so, I got nuthin'.

If not, the transformer type suggested by inwo works well. For most micros, those having ESD diode protection on the input you will use, the circuit can be simplified:

Attachments