Your weirdo wisdom- tell us something funny

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by takao21203, Mar 25, 2013.

1. takao21203

Thread Starter Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Cold coffee + orange juice. I had the idea when I smoked some.

It actually tastes good, while cold coffee as such does not taste good, and is waste basically.

And free running spiders. Each time I go through boxes, I see a few crawling out of their dark corners. Some are hudge. I made a video.

2. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    .. you think they would have ducked.

Let us know when you find your meds.

shortbus likes this.
  3. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Actually, I drink cold coffee when the temperature is above 20oC and like orange juice too.

But it would be a sacrilege to mix them.

4. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    If there is cream in the coffee, the orange juice would cause out to curdle...

I've long said Red bull and coffee is the breakfast of champions.....and really jittery people:p

5. justtrying

Mar 9, 2011
    take a gold or silver ring and put it on a string or chain. Use it to test energy of the place - hold steady over place of interest, the ring will start going in circles, clockwise - good - ccw - bad. Interesting thing, testing my couch - good, but putting laptop on it and testing over laptop - bad. Seems to make sense as there are some questionable long-term effects associated with laptop use and their emissions (related to battery, heat etc).

and it is good to have spiders in your house, but i fear that takao may have too many :)

6. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    If you want to try cold coffee on it's own, pour it over ice... much better than iced tea!

Also, add a shot of Baileys - doesn't hurt ;)

7. takao21203

Apr 28, 2012
    Coffee and orange lemonade actually + brown sugar. Not orange juice. But that also works with hot tea. It really does not taste so bad.

8. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Orange Juice + Vodka = Better!

shortbus likes this.
  9. monster_catfish

Mar 17, 2011
    The only thing worse than encountering free-range spiders would be running out of ammo before they are all neutralized.

On the subject of quirky soundbites of worldly widsom, I have always been partial to Chinese proverbs, such as this one :

"If your face is swollen from a beating, smile and pretend to be a fat man."

or this one

"It is not advisable to climb a tree if you hope to catch fish."

or this one

"Doing good requires the effort of hauling a heavy load uphill, while doing evil is as easy as galloping downhill on a fast horse."

and finally, this one

"Ivory cannot be found in the mouth of a dog."

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    shortbus likes this.
  10. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Now that I think of it, I have used in the past a mix of ground cofee (just the powder) and lemon juice as a cure for diarhea. It worked pretty drastically!

11. takao21203

Apr 28, 2012
    Rescued her from the shower sink, no idea how she made it there in the first place. Well nourished.

12. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    I often misplace commonly used items and spend large amounts of time looking for them- until I discovered the solution.

Simply ask someone if they have seen your 'item' and it will then mysteriously appear in a very obvious place and cause the person from whom you sought help to glare at you in disgust for not having found it yourself.

I gladly accept the disparaging looks in exchange for the expediance of finding my lost items.

:)

13. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    When I have lost something I always find it at the last place I look.

14. takao21203

Apr 28, 2012
    Lost items normally can not be found for hours- but some days later when I don't need them, they are just there.

Solution: Having more than one, ball pens, sticky tape, screwdrivers, pliers, solder wire and all that.

15. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    In the US, we have a venomous spider called the black widow. Its bite is sometimes fatal. It looks a lot like the one in your shower. Does yours have a red hourglass mark on its underside?

16. takao21203

Apr 28, 2012
    No, nothing like that.

It was easy to handle, not aggressive at all. I made it walk on my hand and my arm, and then again I dropped her off on the floor.

Other spiders are even reclusive, they try to run away quickly.

Only south American bird spiders and Tarantulas are aggressive. They'd probably snatch.

17. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    one part cola to one part orange juice.

Even better with bits.

18. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    Three parts cola to one part dill pickle juice. (No joke!)

19. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    Smoked some what?

20. monster_catfish

Mar 17, 2011
    Figure of speech. I thought over it some, I smoked some, then I made up my mind.