Your Idea For A Digital Integrated Circuit Design Desired

Discussion in 'Digital Circuit Design' started by Barbra, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Barbra

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Hi,
    I have some materials, and I hope you can make a design with them.
    (1)One piece of 74AC163 synchronous mode 16 binary counter.
    (2)A number of Basic gate circuit (notice that the chip is adapted to the power supply voltage).
    (3)One piece of common anode digital tube.
    (4)Some of buttons, resistance, conductor.
    (5)A standard "pegboard"
    (6)According to the display number of the designed circuit, you choose the appropriated integrated chip.

Thx.

2. ericgibbs

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 29, 2010
    hi B,
    Is this a college homework project.?
    Have you considered making a push button clocked Decade counter/Display.?
    E

3. Barbra

Jul 15, 2016
    Hi,
    Actually, I don't have any idea about it.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  4. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    Use a push button as input > 74AC163 > 74LS47 > resistors > common anode 7 segment LED.

Every press of the button would increment the 7 seg display.

ci139 likes this.
  5. Barbra

Jul 15, 2016
    Thanks for your help.

6. Sensacell

Jun 19, 2012
    "Digital tube" ? does this mean a nixie tube, or an LED display?

7. Kjeldgaard

Apr 7, 2016
    Unfortunately, I think the answer is yes.

I see the "digital tube", term used in many places, and I can not find other meaning, than it's looking smart.

8. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    Your answer quite fuzzy as Sensacell asked two of one, but you only said yes then which one is right, but their driving methods are complete different, if you don't know then who will know? (1. nixie tube, 2. LED display?)

Where did you get the name of "digital tube", it's quite China style, it's means to a LED display.

9. ci139

Jul 11, 2016
    common CA VFD 40V DC , common AN NxTb 170V DC , common AN 7seg LED-Dsp. 2V DC
    OP´s no. (6) however - seems to hint some sort of decoder setup that is impossible to predict - what it must be - from the given data
    ? my best guess is CT16 output 0x0 to 0xF goes to LED display and is decoded to 16 lines the circuit operator pushes a line selector - 1 of the 16 buttons or toggles binary bits (4 swithes) to match displayed HEX digit in Binary) if it's correct the counter increments for RC set delay from simple CLK from ?basic gates? thus achieving a seeming RND for next digit displayed - would match the "According to ... you choose" ?

10. ci139

Jul 11, 2016
    (6)According to the display number of the designed circuit, you choose the appropriated integrated chip.
    ? can it be that the HEX 2 7-seg Font decoder has to be built using IC-s (with basic gates NOT AND OR NAND NOR ? XOR XNOR ?) according the requirements to display each seg.