You are in for a treat Cunninham tubes 1932 handbook

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I decided to share my Cunningham 1932 tube handbook. It was copyrighted but the US copyright law state that work with published with notice, between 1923 and 1963. Is in the public domain if copyright was not renewed. And this is the case here no renewal. In the text file I have placed a link to my private rapidshare account. Due to the size I could not upload it here. Rapidshare is 100% safe and legal in this this case. Nothing to worry about

Attachments

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Sorry for this mess. Rapidshare did recently change the default folder settings from public to private. I have now made this file public. It should work now I hope

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
5 MByte. The document seems to be 7.5 MByte.

Nothing for my service provider, having the most modern servers in the world.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Thanks! I enjoy old tube books and "service tips" pamphlets. I'm not quite old enough to have repaired radios that used indicator lamps in the tube filament string, but I did work (full time) on vacuum tube TV's and hobby around a bit with guitar amplifiers. I have the GE and RCA tube manuals, but only in paper form. The circuits that were made with vacuum tubes are still examples of good engineering.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Thanks so much for sharing that manual! A treat is an understatement.

Looking forward to reading through it. I too enjoy the old manuals.
There is something soothing about the warm glow of filaments. ;)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You probably already know this, but, iron was the preferred method a hundred years ago because capacitor technology was pretty primitive, like paper and beeswax. Nowadays, you can get 10uf the size of an aspirin.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Best quote about vacuum tubes: "There is nothing a vacuum tube can do that you can't accomplish with 4 or 5 transistors".