Yaskawa 10C3C11 AC servo motor to Raspberry Pi

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by schitale, Dec 27, 2013.

1. schitale

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 27, 2013

I am working on Raspberry Pi - B. I have to connect it to a AC Servo Motor Yaskawa 10C3C11.
    I will have the following connections:

Rasp Pi ---- DC to DC booster ( 5 volts to 12 volts) ------ DC to AC inverter (12 volts DC to 110 Volts AC) ---- AC Servo motor.

I have to order the Booster and Inverter, what speifications would be important?

http://www.galco.com/buy/Yaskawa/sgmcs-10c3c11 (Motor Specifications)

PS: I am sending PWM control signal from Pi to Motor
  2. MaxHeadRoom

Jul 18, 2013
    Do you intend designing to replace the SGDH servo drive normally used for this motor?
    You would need to know the commutation method used.
    schitale likes this.
  3. schitale

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 27, 2013
    I am working on a Spasticity Detection Robot. My main objective is to control the SGMCS 10C3C11 using the Raspberry P-B board. I had an existing model of the robot which has the SGMCS motor + SGDV servo drive (controller).
    But, the need for incorporating Raspberry Pi was that, SGDV servo drive was used by a software called SIgmawin.
    But, Sigmawin did not give us enough flexibility in the control of the motor. It has some predefined inputs (eg: Forward direction x angle y speed , Reverse Direction k angle j speed).
    I was able to control a small DC Servomotor with 3 Volts input.
    So, using the same principle I want to control the bigger motor. So, I thought of using the DC-DC Boost and Inverter.

Do let me know, what is the right approach to get this.