Yaesu FL-2100B Parts Replacement

K1PAC

Joined May 22, 2015
I'm trying to upgrade this Amp. and some of the parts are not longer made and I was wonder if anyone else has tried to do the same?
Is dipped mica the same as silver dipped mica and is there a better replacement for this?
Diodes 1S1943 ? ,10D10 ? and IS1007? what would their current part be?.

Thanks for nay information.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
those diodes are still stocked at the usual sources. the 1s1943 is replaced by the 1n4004, the 10d10 is a 1.5kv 1.5 amp diode. and the 1s1007 is the same as a 1n4148.
the silver mica caps are very reliable, and unless destroyed, should last a long time. there is nothing more modern that is better.

K1PAC

Joined May 22, 2015
thank you, so dipped mica = silver dipped? and yes I burned one up (hit it with a soldering iron OPPS).

K1PAC

Joined May 22, 2015
Thanks, I'm rebuilding the thing every thing in it is about 40 years old and dried out, biggest issue I've had so far is finding the right parts that match the old as far as the Spec. But like everything I've found when working on my radios and what nots it's fun and I learn a lot. And if I make a mistake there are the web forms to ask for help and out side of the Tubes just about everything else can be replaced easily with a little money.

Art

Joined Sep 10, 2007
The tubes aren't so difficult to find either for a LOT of money :D
Probably a matched pair for that one.
Love that old Yaesu style.
I'm currently watching a 101E to match my FRG-7.

PRFGADGET

Joined Aug 8, 2011
You might try searching "E-BUCK" or posting on sites like "QSL.net", "EHAM" or "QRZ" or even "FOX-TANGO" .
You'd be surprised what some people have just set back thinking they'll fix later and never get "A-ROUND-TUIT" !

mcgaha

Joined Oct 10, 2018
I'm trying to upgrade this Amp. and some of the parts are not longer made and I was wonder if anyone else has tried to do the same?
Is dipped mica the same as silver dipped mica and is there a better replacement for this?
Diodes 1S1943 ? ,10D10 ? and IS1007? what would their current part be?.

Thanks for nay information.
did you ever find a replacement part for the FL2100 amp,, big doorknob disk caps?