XCircuit

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by ronaldghand, Dec 16, 2006.

1. ronaldghand

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Anyone have experience in installation and or use of XCircuits? I just upgraded to Redhat Fedora and none of my old CAD programs are supported [Novarm,diptrace; R$Systems, Proteus; Eptsoft; Global Circuits].

Is there a emulation program out there that can run Windows applications under Linux?

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Emulation Programs:
    WINE Project
    CrossOver

Virtual Machines:
    VMware
    Win4Lin
    Xen

You can find download links at the bottom of the articles. WINE is the most common, but is only partially compatible. On the other hand, most of the virtual machines will require a Windows CD.

I will move this to the Computing forum.

Dave

3. mrmeval

Distinguished Member

Jun 30, 2006
    qemu can run windows up to but not including vista, then you can install and run XCircuit or most any program though some games won't work.

http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/

4. Eduard Munteanu

Sep 1, 2007
    XCircuit does run under Linux.

Try Wine for start. If the application installs and runs okay under it, you don't get all the troubles of running a virtual machine.

5. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Although I cannot comment specifically for XCircuit, WINE tends to be very good for the above purposes.

Dave

6. Eduard Munteanu

Sep 1, 2007
    Clarification: XCircuit runs under Linux natively, without Wine. But the poster may use Wine to run Windows-only apps, like those he mentioned.