xbee with fpga

alex warne

Joined Feb 10, 2012
hi
i want to transmit and receive data using xbee and uart in altium and also using xctu. can anyone help me to write c code and schematic diagram for this research.

Thank you

Sure, what is your question?

You will want to learn a bit of HDL (Verilog or VHDL) to program the FPGA.

I don't know much about xbees, but it looks like they communicate over standard protocols... i2c, spi, uart, etc which are fairly easy on FPGA. Have a look at opencores.org for some free cores to get you started

alex warne

Joined Feb 10, 2012
Hi
i am using an altium nb3000. i want use fpga uart with xbee as a receiver i need a schematic diagram and how to program it with Vhdl.i need some suggestion .

Thank you

alex warne

Joined Feb 10, 2012
i need to use altium nb3000 uart or use as a serial port which will connected xbee to receive data from other xbee. i need to program it write a schematic .

thank you

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I didn´t really understand that. So you want a connection in the fashion uart->xbee->xbee->uart ? What does fpga have to do with that?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I still don´t see why you need that fpga board when you should be able to connect the serial line from the pc straight to the xbee.

alex warne

Joined Feb 10, 2012
i am trying to use uart in fpga board which will be connected to xbee .i am trying to do using vhdl program and schematic a new approach .

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I don't think FPGA works like you ask on a public forum "draw me a schematic".

The software required is very complex and so is the technology.

There are not so many people actually who can use FPGA at all.

90% FPGA developement is not hobby/individual users/beginners.

There are some websites with related topics, but not that many.

If your altium nb3000 evalution board does not contain an USART example, then it's a poor evalution board.