Xbee pro 900 MHz long range just reach 950m

orlandoperalta23

Joined Oct 22, 2015
Thanks for your time.

I´m developing a communication system that need to reach 1.3km to carrier water to a native community in Colombia.

I´m using the Xbee pro 900 (http://www.digi.com/products/xbee-rf-solutions/modules/xbee-pro-900hp)which according to specifications, can reach up 14km Outdoor/ Line-Of-Sight. I understand that this value is measure in almost perfect conditions. But I just need 1.3km... so I thought that it should be sufficient. But in this moment I can transmit only to 950m.

I´m using three different types of antennas (see my attached files)

I´m putting my two xbee 5m above the floor level to increase the Line-Of-Sight. I´ve changed the baud rate between 9600 and 1200 because I´ve read that this can extend the distance reached.

But with all these I cannot reach my objetive. So I wonder if some parameter in the xbee would be wrong or can configurate in a best way to extend the distance.

AF: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF CM: FFFFFFFFFFF7FFFF MF: 19 HP: 0 ID: 7FFF MT: 3 PL: Highest[4] RR: A

CE: Standar Router[0] BH: 0 NH: 7 MR: 1 NN: 3

SH: 13A200 SL: 40D66C6A DH: 13A200 DL: 40D9EF4D TO: C0 NI: NT: 82 NO: 0 CI: 11

BD: 1200 NB No Parity [0] SB: One stop bit [0] RO: 3 FT: 13F AP: Transparent Mode [0] AO: API Rx Indicator - 0x90[0]

Above I wrote the principal configuration information of one of my xbee.

Specially I need to know if change the value in RR (to F) or change the value in MT (to 5) can improve my distance.

Thanks a lot for your time

Attachments