X10 Firecracker interface for C18

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Another junk box parts project. I had a old X10 firecracker transmitter and a few magnetic switches so I decided to see if I could use them with the HT lighting controls that use X10 wall switches.

I modified the very good "Arduino Interface to the CM17A Wireless X10 dongle" http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1217562002 software to compile and run with C18 and a pic18F8722 board then wrote a basic switch interface program to read the switches and send X10 commands to turn on/off the lights using a magnet on the coffee-table I built a few years ago. The X10 device is powered directly from the PIC ports without a RS-232 converter.

http://www.flickr.com//photos/nsaspook/sets/72157626369356234/show/

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Please read the rules of the Completed Projects forum.

When posting a project please include the following information:

1. A clear title that describes the project appended by the word 'Project:', for example "Project: 555 Audio Oscillator".
  2. A list of parts, equipment, software used.
  3. Details of any theory, references or information that may be applicable.
  4. Any schematics, source code, etc.
  5. A short description of what to do.
  6. In the interests of manageability and security, project files/code/schematics must be locally stored. Links may be used to provide supplementary information, however they must not provide the substance of the project.
This project has sat in limbo basically because it didn't meet the above requirements. If you want to resubmit this entry please rework the entry to meet the requirements, then drop one of the moderators a PM pointing to it. If it is acceptable a moderator can move it back to the Completed Projects forum and clean up notices and suggestions (making them invisible).

Basically we need all of the information and plans on this web site. Links are OK, but they can not be considered plans as defined by our rules.