Wtf Happened?!!!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by ian field, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian field

Thread Starter Distinguished Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Is it just me, or has someone screwed the forum up?!

Quotes no longer seem to work - unless you select them separately with another button, then you get quotes from several threads apparently no way to select the quote you want to use.

No doubt if I bother to persevere with it, I'll find other things screwed up as well!!!

2. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Xenforo

3. sirch2

Jan 21, 2013
    See the New Forum Template Design - What Happened?
    thread. And just back off a bit, it only went live today, wrinkles are being ironed out.

4. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    Quote allows you to quote across the forum. Reply is what you want when responding to a single post...

5. ian field

Oct 27, 2012
    Ahh! - I have to click 2 buttons now to reply with quote instead of just 1.

By the time the wrinkles are stretched out - it could cover quite a wide area!

6. MrSmoofy

Jul 28, 2014
    No you don't you just click reply on the message you are replying to and it includes the message as a quote. If you want to quote multiple messages you click "Quote" on each and then you will have a "Insert Quotes" button that you click to include the quotes. In the "Insert Quotes" you can even remove ones you decided not to "Quote"

7. ian field

Oct 27, 2012
    I'm a bit stuck in my ways - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

8. MrSmoofy

Jul 28, 2014
    That's fine but the forums was using software from 2004 which had a lot of bugs so there for it was broke so he did fix it. :)

9. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    It was broken. Remember the sporadic blank page bug when the thread title was longer than 20 characters?

Or how some people kept getting logged off immediately after signing on?

jpanhalt likes this.
  10. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    It is a huge job to switch over the software. jrap is doing as good of job as I have seen done with other sites that switched. The bugs will take time.

I think the advantages far outweigh the little inconvenience we are now having. Xenforo is far superior for posting images and other attachments. I also like going to the first unread post.

I am a little surprised that some people were taken by surprise. jrap has advertised the upcoming change for quite awhile.

John

shortbus and MrSmoofy like this.
  11. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    It looks like we also lost the little warning icon used to report a problem (i.e. violation of ToS) with a thread/post to the administrator...unless I just couldn't see it.

Ken

12. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    It doesn't exist yet. It seems there are a lot of setup options that our fatigued admin is finding and setting to mimic our old software as best he can. He wants them reported and I have not heard that one was missing - nice work. Everyone has their favorites. "Edit" was missing earlier today. All getting fixed. I think he was up all night and passed out now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.