Wtf Happened?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Is it just me, or has someone screwed the forum up?!

Quotes no longer seem to work - unless you select them separately with another button, then you get quotes from several threads apparently no way to select the quote you want to use.

No doubt if I bother to persevere with it, I'll find other things screwed up as well!!!

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Is it just me, or has someone screwed the forum up?!

Quotes no longer seem to work - unless you select them separately with another button, then you get quotes from several threads apparently no way to select the quote you want to use.

No doubt if I bother to persevere with it, I'll find other things screwed up as well!!!
Welcome to the wonderful world of Xenforo

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
See the New Forum Template Design - What Happened?
thread. And just back off a bit, it only went live today, wrinkles are being ironed out.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
See the New Forum Template Design - What Happened?
thread. And just back off a bit, it only went live today, wrinkles are being ironed out.
Ahh! - I have to click 2 buttons now to reply with quote instead of just 1.

By the time the wrinkles are stretched out - it could cover quite a wide area!

MrSmoofy

Joined Jul 28, 2014
Ahh! - I have to click 2 buttons now to reply with quote instead of just 1.

By the time the wrinkles are stretched out - it could cover quite a wide area!
No you don't you just click reply on the message you are replying to and it includes the message as a quote. If you want to quote multiple messages you click "Quote" on each and then you will have a "Insert Quotes" button that you click to include the quotes. In the "Insert Quotes" you can even remove ones you decided not to "Quote"

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
No you don't you just click reply on the message you are replying to and it includes the message as a quote. If you want to quote multiple messages you click "Quote" on each and then you will have a "Insert Quotes" button that you click to include the quotes. In the "Insert Quotes" you can even remove ones you decided not to "Quote"
I'm a bit stuck in my ways - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
It is a huge job to switch over the software. jrap is doing as good of job as I have seen done with other sites that switched. The bugs will take time.

I think the advantages far outweigh the little inconvenience we are now having. Xenforo is far superior for posting images and other attachments. I also like going to the first unread post.

I am a little surprised that some people were taken by surprise. jrap has advertised the upcoming change for quite awhile.

John

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
It looks like we also lost the little warning icon used to report a problem (i.e. violation of ToS) with a thread/post to the administrator...unless I just couldn't see it.

Ken

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
It looks like we also lost the little warning icon used to report a problem (i.e. violation of ToS) with a thread/post to the administrator...unless I just couldn't see it.

Ken
It doesn't exist yet. It seems there are a lot of setup options that our fatigued admin is finding and setting to mimic our old software as best he can. He wants them reported and I have not heard that one was missing - nice work. Everyone has their favorites. "Edit" was missing earlier today. All getting fixed. I think he was up all night and passed out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.