Wrong turn!!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I was hoping to see respect full thoughts in my tracking thread but while I was away it took wrong turn on the high way:D.

A Message to BillO...
I did not ask you to tell me ur sufferings and you have no right to post something like that.
I am sorry for what happened to you but it does not mean that you have to take it out on us.
I humbly ask the Mods to delete billO's posts so I can continue a calm peaceful conversation.

Please Mod's...consider my request.

Last edited:

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Sorry Rifaa, I didn't know only those with only good and cuddly experiences had a right to post. Let's hope I have a better life in 2011 so I can continue to participate.

I agree with Rifaa. We must never let on that there is anything but wonder and bounty in this world. All attributable to you know who. Please go ahead and delete my posts. I'll wait for rosy times before I get so bold again.

My apologies to all.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
Bill,
R!f@@ starts these threads with a request for others views about things spiritual and waits until many have expressed a personal belief and then pounces back with a condescending view that only he or his view is the enlightened one.

He never states his view first to be discerned by others.

I just ignore such posts. He should join a religious, philosophical, or metaphysical site and have away with his hearts content.

I for one hope all is great for you and everyone in your life and the lives of all AAC members...

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
@Voodoo....
I knew this discussion will come up. Let me tell u....something.
I do ask around a lot and I will reply. I just want to see how many replies I get before giving my point of view.
I am not a religious guy but I like to know what you think. I am interested in such things. That is why I ask. But every time the thread takes a wrong turn.

I would reply if you asked me to. I would reply when I see enough views that satisfies me.
What I wanted to know was a simple thing.
I did not see a reason to lock that thread.

I just wanted to know what you think or if you believe it,then just tell me how you believe it............that's all.

Why are you blaming me for things that I have nothing to do with.

I am not the enlightened one or chosen one or what ever....
I can express things that you don't know and I can tell you loads and loads of things that you truly have no Idea about.

Is it my fault that someone hits the roof.
Is it my fault that someone yells everything out and finally the thread is locked.

I have nothing to do for what is happening out there.

I am starting to see hatred here.
Is it because that I am a Muslim.
If you have a grudge against Muslims that you really dunno what or how a true Muslim behaves.
I don't have anything against any one of you. and I never will.

Even if I knew where each and every one lives, I am not going to do any thing that would hurt you.
You might be thinking that I would go there and blow myself up like those suicide bombers. No. I will not.....My belief is, a true Muslim should never take his own life. It is the one of the unforgivable sins. Killing your self no matter what will put you in hell fire for all eternity.

The Media has truly corrupted your minds. It's sad that these things happens.
Why do you have to hate?
Why can't we be friends.?
Why can't we be brothers?
Why can't we just simply talk about anything and everything?
Why can't we just get along?

If any of you does not like me..just say so.
It's as simple as that.

I am here because I like you lot.
That is you all help out.
You help those who actually needs it.
The kindness in most of you leads me to believe that you should be saved.
I really want to save those who are kind.
It's OK ..if you make fun of me. I couldn't care less.
It's OK if u laugh by your self thinking that this guy thinks he is the Savior of human kind or something like that.
He is here to lead you to paradise.
Laugh and hate all you want.

I am not going any where, and I am here to stay.
I told you before that there is nothing any one of you can do or say that would make me angry.
I am telling you again. You can never make me angry.
Of course you can offend me, and I will get offended. But that is noting close to getting angry.
If you offend me it will be on you, not me.

The things you say and do is for you and for you alone.
I wanted to tell you these things so you can open up your eyes and see what I see, but No..... you wouldn't let me...

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
and to you Voodoo....
I start a thread to tell you something you dunno..but the problem is that the thread never goes that far and gets locked or I never get enough replies that I was hoping for....
If I can get enough replies..I WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK.....NOT THINK. JUST ASK. IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
@Voodoo....
I knew this discussion will come up. Let me tell u....something.
I do ask around a lot and I will reply. I just want to see how many replies I get before giving my point of view.
I am not a religious guy but I like to know what you think. I am interested in such things. That is why I ask. But every time the thread takes a wrong turn.

I would reply if you asked me to. I would reply when I see enough views that satisfies me.
What I wanted to know was a simple thing.
I did not see a reason to lock that thread.

I just wanted to know what you think or if you believe it,then just tell me how you believe it............that's all.

Why are you blaming me for things that I have nothing to do with.

I am not the enlightened one or chosen one or what ever....
I can express things that you don't know and I can tell you loads and loads of things that you truly have no Idea about.

Is it my fault that someone hits the roof.
Is it my fault that someone yells everything out and finally the thread is locked.

I have nothing to do for what is happening out there.

I am starting to see hatred here.
Is it because that I am a Muslim.
If you have a grudge against Muslims that you really dunno what or how a true Muslim behaves.
I don't have anything against any one of you. and I never will.

Even if I knew where each and every one lives, I am not going to do any thing that would hurt you.
You might be thinking that I would go there and blow myself up like those suicide bombers. No. I will not.....My belief is, a true Muslim should never take his own life. It is the one of the unforgivable sins. Killing your self no matter what will put you in hell fire for all eternity.

The Media has truly corrupted your minds. It's sad that these things happens.
Why do you have to hate?
Why can't we be friends.?
Why can't we be brothers?
Why can't we just simply talk about anything and everything?
Why can't we just get along?

If any of you does not like me..just say so.
It's as simple as that.

I am here because I like you lot.
That is you all help out.
You help those who actually needs it.
The kindness in most of you leads me to believe that you should be saved.
I really want to save those who are kind.
It's OK ..if you make fun of me. I couldn't care less.
It's OK if u laugh by your self thinking that this guy thinks he is the Savior of human kind or something like that.
He is here to lead you to paradise.
Laugh and hate all you want.

I am not going any where, and I am here to stay.
I told you before that there is nothing any one of you can do or say that would make me angry.
I am telling you again. You can never make me angry.
Of course you can offend me, and I will get offended. But that is noting close to getting angry.
If you offend me it will be on you, not me.

The things you say and do is for you and for you alone.
I wanted to tell you these things so you can open up your eyes and see what I see, but No..... you wouldn't let me...

Thank you R!f@@ for proving my point and also, at least in my point of view, fortifying beenthere's locking of the thread.

This discussion has been carried throughout the millenium and will certainly not be concluded in an off-topics section of an Electronics Forum.

I respect all opinions and treat them thusly

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
R!f@@, calm down :) I think what their trying to say to you is, that you start these threads with out you saying whats on your mind. When you start one of these threads, do it by saying what YOU think then ask what others feelings are.

No one here that participates in these off topic threads is, to what I see, taking sides on anything. Just trying to express ourselves, with out malice, toward anyone.

If the world could be as good a place as this forum, we would all be better off. .

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
and to you Voodoo....
I start a thread to tell you something you dunno..but the problem is that the thread never goes that far and gets locked or I never get enough replies that I was hoping for....
If I can get enough replies..I WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK.....NOT THINK. JUST ASK. IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT
Asking and NOT thinking?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
These are PERFECT reasons why religion SHOULD NOT BE DISCUSSED.

You HAVE TO EXPECT CONFLICTING VIEWS.

Rifaa, you have proven that you cannot and DO NOT want people to express their religious views that contradict your own.

THERE IS ONLY 1 WAY TO STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING!

STOP POSTING ABOUT RELIGION!

Wishing someone a happy Eid, or Merry Christmas, Birthday, is fine, but this is a scientific site.

Releigon can not be "proven" in a tangible way. We cant mix two chemicals and see GOD/Allah.

Rifaa believes that King James bible has been changed, and is therefore wrong.

The quran was written by a guy may have been eating ergot.

We dont know, we cant measure it.

It is the same thing as someone saying they built a perpetual motion machine. They saw it. They KNOW it works.

Now their best friend TRUSTS them to death. So THEY HAVE FAITH that is is true.

Now a guy half a world a way reads about it online. They test it, and it DOESN'T work.

So there is an argument between the guy in Australia and the guy in Canada.

The friend in Canada has FAITH, which is UN-shakeable, but the guy in Australia built the device to spec, over and over, and it doesnt work. It CANT be proven to him by words. ONLY proof.

Same with religion.

One person can say, the reason the car didnt hit me and kill me is because god said it is not my time to go.

Another person would say, no, you were not hit because a human invented these things called BRAKES.

We can see, and test the brakes. We cant see and test God.

It has ALREADY been determined and ruled that there are to be NO MORE overunity discussions on AAC.

Religion is an over-unity discussion.

Follow it if you believe, but dont try to convince, WITH WORDS, that it works.

Riffa. I DONT CARE what you say about no odd feelings about BillO. You have asked publicly to have his posts removed. You have FOREVER affected the relationship between you two.

You COULD have PMed billO and asked him to delete his own posts.

It is CAUSING BAD BLOOD. PLEASE stop it. PLEASE.

I dont care about ANY OF YOUR religions. What I believe and practice is up to me.

The reason there are churches, temples, synagogues, mosques and such are so LIKE MINDED religious people can talk about their religion.

The reason there is AAC is so like minded ELECTRONICS people can talk about their projects.

Whats so hard about that?

Now with off topic. This is for topics that DO NOT have a particular pre-made forum section. But you wouldn't go to a RELIGIOUS forum and post about the best way to make a beer bong or sexual techniques.

This has gone TOO far. You are now publicly this.

There is a REASON houses of religion have DOORS. This site has no DOORS.

If you want someone to "see the light" about your religion, PRAY to try to help them. DO NOT do it here.

Also, dont worry about how big of an audience you in your thread before telling everyone what the meaning of the thread is.

This is an electronics forum. YES there is an off topic, but WHY pull the people that could be HELPING in the electronics areas of the site into an off topic forum just to argue.

We tell people ALL THE TIME, to post pictures, part numbers, schematics, etc IN TH FIRST POST.

No own wants to wait until they have 50 replies to finally say "Oh I wanted to know how to make a LED blink."

BillO you did the research and came to a conclusion. Now, on Sundays, you can spend more time working on your projects.

Rifaa, you have come to your own conclusion about religion, so you can follow those rules.

LET It BE.

It has been said for YEARS. Do not talk about politics or religion and not expect opposition.

So, by starting a thread, even in off topic, about religion, YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS WRONG. YOU ARE THE ONE INVITING the opposition.

Love you guys.

Dont turn this site into a Google stop for religious searchers.

These threads MUST be locked. If not, every googler for the next 50 years that is searching for 'Muslim' or 'religion, or what not are going to get a link here and add their 2 cents in. Then it will never end and people will keep fighting.

Rifaa, you want billOs deleted, I think the every thread that thats starts religious argument should be deleted.
Not because of my religious beliefs, but for the good of the site.

I would not want a Muslim hating person to start crapping up the site,
And I dont want door-knocking religious folks clogging up the database JUST BECAUSE google tells them that these topics are talked about on AAC.

Let the forums that cater toward those topics spend their bandwidth dollars on it. Not us.

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
In case anybody missed my terminating post in the moderated thread, let me repeat it:
Gentlemen, this is not going to be a profitable discussion. The premise is utterly unprovable, and attempting to define a deity in human terms is simply not possible. Neither, for that matter, can the existence of a deity be proven - that negates faith.

We have allowed a couple of these threads to go on, but it looks as if the point is made that religion and political threads have too many hot buttons to be worthwhile. Simply stated, nobody can "prove" a point beyond doubt. Trying to do so is fruitless. Review histories of the Hundred Year War, the Seven Years War, and the War of the Spanish Succession. Don't forget the American Revolution and Civil War, the French Revolution, and the Spanish Civil War. I delieve the Franco-Prussian War could get a look, as well as the Crimean War, the Boer War, the Russo-Japanese War, the First and Second World Wars. Don't forget Korea and Vietnam. I have missed some, like tribal wars through the ages.

These are good areas to avoid expressing opinions about.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
@Rifaa,

For what it is worth Rifaa, I have nothing against you. Really. You are enthusiatic about your beliefs and I respect that. I am too. In my case I am not a believer in a supreme being, for reasons that I have not kept secret.

Please do not feel there is any hate here. This is the internet. Our fingers get lubricated here more than our tounges would in person.

If we knew each other in person, we would probably be friends.

Keep well.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
See..this is what I was talking about....
We can talk peacefully...we can argue laughing..
it is between us.

I asked BillO's post to be deleted cause I feel very sorry for him and I do not want to see that post every time I view the thread. No one should go thru such hard ship but this is life. Each one of us are tested worse than the other.
I did not said it cause I got angry. I wanted it deleted cause it wasn't really under the topic.

I did not ask you to believe in me or to think about my God.
My question was for everyone who believe in Angels. Cause the answer to the thread has something to do with angels.
Now I know you believe in them don't ya.

I am Happy to know that no one has a grudge against me.
If you do I have to ask repeatably to forgive me. It's not in my nature to carry grudges. I just don't feel comfortable when good friends think bad of me.
I would do anything to prevent it.

My intention was not to discuss about religion or to see how people suffer.
I too have suffered but that did not lead me to feel the way BillO has.
It is because BillO does not see the truth that I see. I wish he can see and I wish for him to be Happy... Ease of mind comes through our prayers and it helps us to be patient even at the worst of times...

Most of you are much older than me, so from the way I see it you have experienced life in ways I could only imagine.
That's why I want to learn more about your experience outside my reach, and this off topic is what I have.

The best thing I like in this forum is the way most of you share knowledge. The kindness you show somehow affects me. In a way that I should help you.
Help you in ways you can never imagine. This is what satisfies me.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
And yes....there is one more guy out there that truly understand me.

Thank you rm. for the comfort you provide from the ends of the earth

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
My god your a bunch of teen-aged women. Dont have arguments and bitch, take it like a man, kick the Sh*t out of each other and then be friends XD

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I read that Masons don't discuss religion or politics when meeting. To keep the peace and harmony they refrain from talking about religion and politics. Religion and Politics are two areas which are often strongly divided, either side of the coin when flipped will be argued fanatically by the opposing side. These areas are just too available for extended and exhaustive arguments. So due to the same reasons perhaps we should have the same rule here

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I disagree. I don't think those categories are sufficiently well defined nor narrowly applied that a prohibition of any discussion whatsoever would not itself be defeating. That goes particularly for politics.

Let's not try to replace good judgment with rules. When such attempts are made, inevitably the rules are not followed. You are then left with neither.

John

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I read that Masons don't discuss religion or politics when meeting. To keep the peace and harmony they refrain from talking about religion and politics. Religion and Politics are two areas which are often strongly divided, either side of the coin when flipped will be argued fanatically by the opposing side. These areas are just too available for extended and exhaustive arguments. So due to the same reasons perhaps we should have the same rule here
Tis true. Happens anyway, but if it gets even a little out of hand (someone is looking uncomfortable) the participants are reminded nicely to knock it off or take it outside. There is enough strife without bringing it into lodge. It may sound trite, but we are there to get along.

It is one of the reasons I go into minimum talk mode when the subjects come up. I keep reminding people, in the real world people kill each other over the subject. It happens to be Muslims today, 20 years ago it was Catholics and Protestants. There seems to be an inner need to feel superior to other people, which leads to uglier things.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Are you a Freemason Bill? Your avatar kind of give you away. Both the use of colors and the Square and Compasses. In God We Trust is also related to Freemasonry, besides being the official motto of the United States.