Writing API to read USB

CrackJack

Joined Aug 7, 2009
HELLO Everyone,

i would like to develop an API which reads the data that comes over the USB and save it into a file.. does anyone have a basic starting point how to develop my own API? i am using MSP430F2619 and a SPI-USB converter, MAX3420e to communicate and create USB channel..

ANy help would be greatly helpful...

thanks

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
HELLO Everyone,

i would like to develop an API which reads the data that comes over the USB and save it into a file.. does anyone have a basic starting point how to develop my own API? i am using MSP430F2619 and a SPI-USB converter, MAX3420e to communicate and create USB channel..

ANy help would be greatly helpful...

thanks
is the MAX host or device and where is the API deployed, PC, host, device? A little more info on your overall system and where the API fits in.

I OOPS'd in your other thread, which partially applies here. Keep your threads together so I will only screw up once.

Last edited:

CrackJack

Joined Aug 7, 2009
is the MAX host or device and where is the API deployed, PC, host, device? A little more info on your overall system and where the API fits in.

I OOPS'd in your other thread, which partially applies here. Keep your threads together so I will only screw up once.
GetDeviceInfo, i did solve the problem that i had mentioned in my other post here... http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?p=363740#post363740
i dont know if i can mark the thread as completed or not...

so, this is a new problem hence a new thread... now, regarding my system, there is this MSP430f2619 and MAX3420e. I WOULD like to send the data from an external Flash to the PC. the route is as follows...

external flash-->uc-->max3420e--> PC

as of now, i have been successful in sending a data into PC using the max3420e kit that i have (the kit has a button, wehn u press that, the data transfer is initiated!!) ... .

My final task is to develop a stand alone application wherein i woudl have MAX3420e peripheral to the uC. so you gather the data into Flash and then plug your uC to USB port and download the data!!! so, the kit has to go in later stage..

now, i woudl like to develop an API/any interface on the PC which would command my microcontroller to send data to the PC. also, i would like to send some data into the microcontroller.

Problem is, i don;t know C++ OR VB or any language other than C... how should i proceed?

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
GetDeviceInfo, i did solve the problem that i had mentioned in my other post here... http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?p=363740#post363740
i dont know if i can mark the thread as completed or not...

so, this is a new problem hence a new thread... now, regarding my system, there is this MSP430f2619 and MAX3420e. I WOULD like to send the data from an external Flash to the PC. the route is as follows...

external flash-->uc-->max3420e--> PC

as of now, i have been successful in sending a data into PC using the max3420e kit that i have (the kit has a button, wehn u press that, the data transfer is initiated!!) ... .

My final task is to develop a stand alone application wherein i woudl have MAX3420e peripheral to the uC. so you gather the data into Flash and then plug your uC to USB port and download the data!!! so, the kit has to go in later stage..

now, i woudl like to develop an API/any interface on the PC which would command my microcontroller to send data to the PC. also, i would like to send some data into the microcontroller.

Problem is, i don;t know C++ OR VB or any language other than C... how should i proceed?
personally, I would employ a program like Labview. You could emulate one of the common USB classes though, such as HID, which would give you a broad range of apps that could interact with your device.