WOW, too long

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nerdegutta, Dec 22, 2012.

1. nerdegutta

Thread Starter Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    I didn't know it was an upper limit.

[​IMG]

Sparky49 likes this.
  2. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    What on earth have you been typing!?!?!?!!?! :D

3. nerdegutta

Thread Starter Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Actually I was replying your Dinner talk thread... And how I found a VISA card on the pavement, with the PIN code attached. I gave the whole thing to a receptionist at a hotel. The owner was born i '91. Felt I did a good deed.

Just call me Mr Deeds. BTW, have you seen that movie, "Mr Deeds"

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
    Sparky49 likes this.
  4. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    What is a visa car? And aren't most cars found on the pavement? :)

I assume you mean "card" and nice job. Are you sure they weren't a member nice 91? Our cards don't list our birth date.

And what the heck was in that reply?

5. Markd77

Sep 7, 2009
    I'd have ripped up the pin number first, just to be safe.
    Cars are mostly found on the pavement in America, but on the road in the UK. The pavement is what you call the sidewalk.

6. nerdegutta

Thread Starter Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    You are right. It was a VISA card. The back side of the card is used for ID. With name, picture, account number and date of birth, with full social security number.

In the reply I inserted an image of what we in my region is having for dinner at Christmas Eve. The evening on the 24th of December.

I think that something must have happened, 'cause I didn't write that much...

7. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    I also found a Visa/bank card card to day then shoping. Nowadays people do not use cash but bank card. So I hope the poor person had done his xmas shopping before his card went M.I.A. Anyway I gave the Visa card to a attendance at the shop I found it in. It had no code:(

8. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    U wanted to beat my posts.

o_O ....too long, eh!

9. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    This is why many of my articles have to be broken up, I run into it regularly. It is also why I prepost posts in advance, so I can file them in sequential order. Now that I am a moderator I an cheat, and moderate them (and other things). Still can't fix the sequence after the fact though.

10. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    I found two bricks neatly wrapped didn't touch them,call police. The drug and bomb

dog handler was sent out, the officer ask me why I was hanging around,I told him

I waiting to see if it was money....to claim my reward. He said if its drugs are you

going claim them,I said I didn't touch them. I wouldn't claim the drugs,but my share

cash reward I would accept. Don't what happen,when the bomb dog got there,they

cleared the block for safety. I have to find out what happen...after three months

you can claim a cash reward, a biking day in Loosewires life. Exercise and cash

goes good together.

11. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    When are you guys going to learn to speak English! :D

12. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Wow SSN and birth date!!!!! That is ridiculous. Talk about a source of ID fraud.

I once found somene's ID, drivers license, union card, all sorts of id type info, It was right around Christmas. I stuck it in an envelope along with a note that simply said Merry Christmas and sent it off.

13. nerdegutta

Thread Starter Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    That was my initial plan, but thinking that it is only a few days before Christmas, I recon the poor guy wouldn't get it until sometime in January. The clerk at the hotel, said that he should look up the guy.

14. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    Hopefully, the hotel clerk is as honest as you.

Years ago, I found a savings account passbook with a few thousand in cash stuck between its pages in a department store. About the time I looked in it, I became aware of a commotion at a sales counter where there was a crowd. I couldn't get close enough to hear the details, but there was a woman wailing about something. I asked the clerk, and she said the woman had lost her money. I pulled it from my pocket and gave it to the clerk. She took it to the woman and, pointing to me, told her that I had found it. The woman opened the book, counted the money, gave me a suspicious scowl, turned on her heel, and left.

15. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    Happy Christmas tracecom. Do not worry, it happened already:

There was a man who worked for the Post Office whose job was to process all the mail that had illegible addresses.

One day, a letter came addressed to God in a shaky handwriting with no actual address. He thought he should open it to see what it was about. The letter read :

Dear God,

I am an 83 year old widow, living on a very small pension.

Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had $100 in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension payment.

Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with, have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can you please help me?

Sincerely, Edna

The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to all the other workers. Each one dug into his or her wallet and came up with a few dollars.

By the time he made the rounds, he had collected $96, which they put into an envelope and sent to the woman. The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she would be able to share with her friends.

Christmas came and went. A few days later, another letter came from the same old lady to God. All the workers gathered around while the letter was opened.

It read :

Dear God,

How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me? Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift.

By the way, there was $4 missing. I think it might have been those bastards at the post office.

Sincerely, Edna

16. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Thanks for making me smile atferrai. I needed that today. I think I posted this one in the jokes thread but it is worth repeating. It is probably my favorite.

One day God looked on the earth and he was very upset at what he saw. He noticed that the man was no longer in charge of the family as he intended. He called St. Peter into his office and gave him an assignment. St. Peter was to get all the men in the world to form 2 lines. One line where the man was in charge of the family and the other where the woman was in charge.

St. Peter gathered the men into the two lines. One line wrapped around the world twice. The other line had one lonely man. The line where the man ran the family.

God came down onto the earth and said, in a loud booming voice, "Man, tell all of the others why you deserve to stand in this place of honor". The man meekly replied "My wife told me I should stand here". :)

shortbus and atferrari like this.