Wow, looks like I missed out on a lot...

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
So, looks like I have been gone for a while, and a lot of changes have occurred here on AAC. Hopefully everyone is still around and doing well, as for me, I have spent the good part of the last couple of years refining my knowledge in 3D printing and all aspects of it. if interested, check out my instagram account here to see some of my work.

How many old timers are still around?? I see most mods and admins are still here.. good to know the site is still in good hands :D

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
3D printers, I am definitely into that. Still learning to use CAD packages, but it is handy for specialty parts for electronics.

You may not recognize me, so here is a clue...

A confession, and an outing.

BTW, if you want the old blue look back it is an option.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
About 10 people announced they are leaving. About 9 are still here.
Of which I am one. I left for a while because the site became far more "corporate" than "community". I missed my old friends though, so I came back. Still don't like what this site has become, but I still enjoy speaking with some of the people here.

Matt

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
good to see old faces (avatars :) ) and "new" ones. almost felt like I was homesick for a while there, so I had to come back and visit.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
oh, and Wendy, I do build and sell printer kits now, (mostly the printed parts needed to put together a Prusai3 3D printer, you will have to source electronics and mechanical stuff like bearings and such) or I can provide the whole kit, but of course, more $$. Check out my instagram account, its public so you can view my stuff without an IG account.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Not yet in my supply of filaments, but I have played with it a bit, been far to busy building printers for people :)
Which software do you use to control the steppers? Are all steppers 1.8°? Do you have some close up photos of the other hardware?

When I made my 3D printer I first converted a CNC, and printed out parts for my Prusa. I'm using Arduino Mega and RAMPS 1.4 to control the motors. I'm wondering if 0.9° motor will be better for the Z-axis.

I've started to draw some sketches of a SLS printer, but that's a long term project.