Would these be good speakers / mics

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by vindicate, Aug 20, 2009.

1. vindicate

Thread Starter Active Member

Jul 9, 2009
  2. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    They are not good, they are horrible.
    The mic produces no bass frequencies and no high audio frequencies.

The tiny speakers do not have any spec's. Since they are tiny then they will not produce any bass frequencies and maybe not produce any mid-range frequencies. Who knows if the produce any high audio frequencies? Their max output level will be very low.

3. vindicate

Jul 9, 2009
    I guess I should rephrase my question. Would these be any decent for testing purposes. If not are there any on the goldmine electronics website that would be better?

4. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    Vindicate, you started 2 different threads, both immediately link to goldmine electronics and its products. Are you trying to spam the forum?

5. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    Is it called Spamming when somebody posts links to garbage parts that have no spec's?

6. vindicate

Jul 9, 2009
    Do you honestly think I'm spamming? If you search for my past posts you will see that none of my other posts have to do with goldmine.

Only reason I have started these threads is because I plan on placing an order with them, and I had a few questions on which would be the best to get. As in I don't want people to say "Digikey has this part", because I want to make 1 order from 1 place.

So sorry to ask a simple question. Not everyone can call themselves the "Audioguru"

7. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

What will be the application?
    Do you need hifi or can the specs be lower?

Greetings,
    Bertus

8. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    I answered the question, "Would these be good speakers / mics?" and explained why not.

They would probably make a little noise. The question did not ask about making a little noise.

9. vindicate

Jul 9, 2009
    Thanks Bertus for the helpful reply.

They don't have to special at all. All I want is to do some experimenting. Maybe try some amplification from the mic to the speakers. Simple stuff. Not something that is going to stay in a finished project.

Right, and I asked for some suggestions for something better. I didn't say I didn't believe you.

10. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  11. vindicate

Jul 9, 2009
    Can those little PC speakers reproduce voice? All I've ever heard them do is beeps :p

12. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Those PC speakers have a limited frequency range.
    There will be hardly any basses.
    They are also used in very cheap transistor radio's.

Greetings,
    Bertus

13. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    The Goldmine does not say spec's for anything.
    But I think those very cheap parts will make a voice sound awful.

My pc speakers are 3" in diameter (very small for a full-range speaker) and they have a pretty big magnet. They sound pretty good. They look something like this:

14. flat5

Nov 13, 2008
  15. going_in_deep

Jul 25, 2009
    hiii vincent ,
    the pic's u displayed from gold mine are of less output power , so what i insist is those work good for voice's as output . anyway those can also be used for testing to.. :)