Would like some help designing a PCB for a Pi

AssaultAndBattery

Joined Mar 11, 2014
Hello,
I've built a circuit that I'm using with a Raspberry Pi. Right now its all done on a bread board and working very well. It's working so well that I'd like to move it from breadboard to a full blown PCB that I could attach to the Pi. The problem is that I don't know how to do that. I've looked into software programs like Eagle/Fritzing/Diptrace, but I really don't know how to properly design a PCB. I'm happy to pay for a consultant who will help me with this. I personally think it wouldn't be a big project, but I need someone with experience designing PCBs and working with software like Eagle/Diptrace.
Briefly, the circuit involves an ADC, a DAC, a DPDT switch, a coin cell battery, and some resistors. The ADC and DAC work on i2c, so may need a logic converter. That's pretty much it. Let me know if you think you can help.
Thanks in Advance

-AssaultAndBattery

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Briefly, the circuit involves an ADC, a DAC, a DPDT switch, a coin cell battery, and some resistors. The ADC and DAC work on i2c, so may need a logic converter. That's pretty much it. Let me know if you think you can help.
That's all? Sounds like a simple layout.

Why "may need a logic converter" when you have a breadboard? If the breadboard is not working or not complete it is not time to go to a PCB.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
The only way to know the size and difficulty of the project is to see a schematic and parts list. Then, I would be happy to discuss it with you.

AssaultAndBattery

Joined Mar 11, 2014
Thanks for your replies.
I'm currently using an ADC Raspberry Pi add-on board that I purchased from someone else (schematics attached). It has a logic converter so I assume it is required.
I'd like to reproduce the attached circuit, along with some other components on a single board. The other components are: resistors, LM35's, DPDT relays, and some DAC's (currently using MCP4725). I have a diagram of how the other components are connected on the breadboard that I made up in Fritzing if it helps.
Cheers

Attachments

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Your link is a fail.

If you would like anyone to consider parts beyond the add in board itself then you should put them on your schematic. That is spelled s-c-h-e-m-a-t-i-c, not l-a-y-o-u-t.